Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....the Predator mascot used to climb to the top of the Bell South Tower and "roar". Well, to my surprise, he now does this from the top of the Signature Tower....

LOL! I think it's a good advertising strategy, but that bit about the mascot climbing the siggy --- damn that's hilarious!!! :lol:

Whatever it takes to get this building out of the ground I'm all for it...

Without trying to start a debate, I am curious about your thoughts. Is this just a little to hokey or would you consider this to be a decent advertising scheme? Whether it's the Preds or the Titans, is advertising for an unbuilt building at a professional sporting event worthwhile? It's interesting none the less.

comments?....

In the world of marketing, the point is to create awareness of your product to potential consumers or in this case potential condo owners. So no, this is not a hokey idea at all. You'd be surprised who attends sporting events. I was in at an LA Angels game last year and sat next to a guy in the nosebleed section who was a millionaire.

As a poster mentioned earlier, The Vue advertised during Bobcats game, although the arena oftened had less than 7000 in actual attendance.

Those pics of the Signature Tower are nice. If this gets built it will further show how far along our great State has come since the mid-80s, from the East side, all of the way through the middle, to the West Side, and hey, even North's Missiissippi, Alabama and Georgia as well...I might look into seeing if I can afford a parking space at the Sig. The Sig will look great on Monday Night Football.

I don't know if you noticed this, but there are columns that go from floor to celing and the end of the stadium near Demonbreun steet. One on of the columns from top to bottom is a picture of the Siggie and at the bottom the little logo. I didn't get a pict, but maybe someone can.

I don't know if you noticed this, but there are columns that go from floor to celing and the end of the stadium near Demonbreun steet. One on of the columns from top to bottom is a picture of the Siggie and at the bottom the little logo. I didn't get a pict, but maybe someone can.

actually i just noticed that last night. i 'm not sure if it was there opening night or not. it used to be cans of Edge gel. i thought it was pretty cool.

i'll tell you what Tony. if you can install a zip line from a mid-level apartment to the upper deck of the Sommet, i will pillage, steal, and sell whatever i have to to said apartment in Siggie. :P

throw in a flat screen and i'll be your personal hitman! just give me a penthouse and a high powered rifle and i can do this job from home. j/k

actually i just noticed that last night. i 'm not sure if it was there opening night or not. it used to be cans of Edge gel. i thought it was pretty cool.

i'll tell you what Tony. if you can install a zip line from a mid-level apartment to the upper deck of the Sommet, i will pillage, steal, and sell whatever i have to to said apartment in Siggie. :P

throw in a flat screen and i'll be your personal hitman! just give me a penthouse and a high powered rifle and i can do this job from home. j/k

What do you mean there are columns lining from floor to ceiling at the stadium near denombreun street? im confused what this has to do with signature tower

What I'm wondering is why doesn't he team up with someone like Magic Johnson's company to get the Siggy off the ground?

I'm sure there are available partners for Giarratana, but Magic Johnson's company most likely wouldn't partner with TG because they serve different target markets. Siggy Tower is basically for the rich and affluent. Johnson's development company main focus is to bring goods and services i.e. entertainment and retail to minorities in urban areas normally shunned by developers.

If that is really Johnson's reason for investing, he wasted his time and money, because most professional/successful blacks, myself included, that live in Nashville do most of our shopping and entertaining outside of Nashville. All of the black professionals I know and associate with i.e., doctors, lawyers, etc we do all of our shopping in Atlanta, D.C., Chicago, or New York and spend most of our weekends in those cities or entertain at each others homes. I haven't found one store in Nashville that carry the clothes I usually purchase, so I'm forced to shop outside of Nashville.

If that is really Johnson's reason for investing, he wasted his time and money, because most professional/successful blacks, myself included, that live in Nashville do most of our shopping and entertaining outside of Nashville. All of the black professionals I know and associate with i.e., doctors, lawyers, etc we do all of our shopping in Atlanta, D.C., Chicago, or New York and spend most of our weekends in those cities or entertain at each others homes. I haven't found one store in Nashville that carry the clothes I usually purchase, so I'm forced to shop outside of Nashville.

I think it's unfortunate that the shops that you go to shop at basically shun the Nashville market, but yet the African American community here is, in many case, quite well off compared to other peer cities our size. Therefore, I think it's a shame you have to travel so far just to get what it is you want. But one day that will change. At least that's what I hope.

As a white female, I too have to shop outside of Nashville to find alot of the things I like to wear or purchase for my home. I'm hopeful Nashville will improve in that area...for people of all races.

Actually, he hasn't wasted his time and money. Quite the contrary, his developments in urban areas have been successful, especially in the urban Los Angeles area. But that's a topic for another day.

Anyway, back to this topic. As I said before, Johnson's company most likely wouldn't be a partner with TG since each cater to different markets. With barely 25% units sold by some estimates, what Tony G needs is an investor with deeps pockets willing to throw money into to Signature. No takers yet, but I'm assuming he's going solo from the get go. Maybe he should partner with Novare.

I'm sure there are available partners for Giarratana, but Magic Johnson's company most likely wouldn't partner with TG because they serve different target markets. Siggy Tower is basically for the rich and affluent. Johnson's development company main focus is to bring goods and services i.e. entertainment and retail to minorities in urban areas normally shunned by developers.

300k to 1.6 mil condos is bringing entertainment and retail to minorities? Areas usually shunned by developers? The booming Gulch really fits that mold.

If it was a white investor pouring 20 million into an upscale condo project race would never be mentioned. Even it the developer had a track record along the lines of Johnson.

300k to 1.6 mil condos is bringing entertainment and retail to minorities? Areas usually shunned by developers? The booming Gulch really fits that mold.

It does seem very strange. I think Magic's 20 million would better serve the urban poor if it were invested along Murfreesboro Rd. nearby. Hell, even Rolling Mill Hill, has a pedestrian bridge linking to the housing projects. That would better serve that community.

It seems that the gulch will most likely serve yuppies, and Music execs.

I honestly do applaud Magic and his efforts, but it doesn't seem that much thought was given to this one. Or else his investment company just lives behind a PR shade of faux-outreach.

It does seem very strange. I think Magic's 20 million would better serve the urban poor if it were invested along Murfreesboro Rd. nearby. Hell, even Rolling Mill Hill, has a pedestrian bridge linking to the housing projects. That would better serve that community.

I honestly do applaud Magic and his efforts, but it doesn't seem that much thought was given to this one. Or else his investment company just lives behind a PR shade of faux-outreach.

I've thought that way as well. How does investing in the Terrazo help the urban poor? I don't see that neighborhood's improvement doing much to help people of color. There are many neighborhoods that are seeing improvement that probably directly effect African Americans and those of Latin descent...but the Gulch is not one of them.

Magic's company does invest in the urban poor areas. See Los Angeles and other cities. But that's another story.

however back to Siggy. The question had to do with Giarranta possibly teaming up with another investor to get this project started and Johnson' company was tossed in as a possibility.

What I'm wondering is why doesn't he team up with someone like Magic Johnson's company to get the Siggy off the ground?

I simply said in a nutshell they probably wouldn't partner with each other given the opportunity. What Giarranta needs is an investor like Novare who has deeper pockets. The banks sure aren't lending him any money.

I think the problem here is that a wealthy black celeberty comes to town and everyone, Magic included trys to make it seem like he's helping "his poeple". Take a closer look at his investments...Hilton Washington Hotel, 12th & Midtown Atl, Starbucks, TGI Fridays, Upscale condo conversions, and much more. Sounds like he's totally down for the cause. Then you have Erica Gilmore talking about how Magics 20 mil investment in an upscale condo development is going to benifit the surrouning neighborhoods. What about Crossland or Bristol? Their stake in the Gulch is much larger than Magics. The she says we want everybody to have an opportunity to participate in that the Gulch's redevelopment. How is she participating? Because shes black and Magics black? I'm not saying Magic is obligated to help anyone because I dont think he is, but I do think with his investment history that his mission statement is a little bit off. I noticed a quote a few days back where someone stated "He's basically a capitalist with a heart who takes capitalism and free enterprise into the inner cities". Does that mean other capitalists who invest and develope in the inner cities have no heart? I just dont get the whole race issue sometimes.

:offtopic:

Most likely we need to get back to the discussion on the state of the signature tower. If anyone wants to discuss the specifics of Magic Johnson's company please start another topic on it. I will be glad to move the relevant posts there. But please get back onto the Signature Tower.

I've been following the drama associated with this project for some time now. I assume there is still no news related to this developer finding a loan to build the project. This isn't suprising given the state of the credit market but regardless I'm curious how this project's $500 per square foot prices compare with other projects underway or completed in Nashville. How many large projects have been completed in Nashville commanding average prices of at least $400 per square foot ? Can someone familiar with this market tell me what project is currently the high water mark there in terms of pricing and quality ?

Archived