Signature Tower

NewTowner

Wow, That photoshopped picture is fantastic maestro. It really defines how the look of the skyline will appear from the north side of town, especially like the Fern St. overpass, or coming from the north on 65, topping the hill at the Clarksville/I-24 split. Someone else photoshopped a picture a while back, and i'm curious to find out who did it. Also, to the left of Siggy in this picture is another HUGE tower partially hidden by the Renaissance Hotel, and to the left of Nashville CC, which i'm very curious about. Does anyone know what this could potentially be??

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/sky.../sigwlight2.jpg

That was done a while back and it was just something someone put on there as an example of how easily the skyline could be balanced out after Signature is built with just one other tower around 700 ft I believe they estimated. It is not a real proposal.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NM, You may want to credit the photographer who too that shot. Hint, hint. He would greatly appreciate that.

I'm so sorry Lexy! I realized that I hadn't credited you after I had left the coffee house. I live in the Belmont area and don't have internet at my place so I just walk to Bongo Java and use theirs! I'm just now able to get back and credit you! Again, I'm sorry. The original photo was taken by Lexy everybody! As for the other questions... I made this out of boredom so I really just went on what looked right to me. I did have a little perspective because the original photo had barely captured the crane that was being used to build Encore (I edited it out of course) and it was fairly low because of the distance. I put it just under the crane height. The entire encore was made from scratch with the paintbrush and selection tools too because I didn't have a photo of it. If it looks fake to anybody that's because it is. As for the pinnacle... all I had to go on was the one rendering that's been made (behind the symphony center). From that angle it is incredibly wide because it captures two sides of the building fairely equally so I had to skinny it up just a bit using the free transform tool in photoshop. I might have gone a little overboard with it. I know that it's going to take up that whole block but as far as height goes, all I know is that it's 400-something feet high (higher than encore but not as high as the batman building) so I really just put it about halfway between encore and AT&T. I know it's taller than that but I kept it there to compensate for perspective. Signature tower was easy because it's nearly exactly twice as tall as the Life and Casualty tower and the angle worked out well too. Again, all of this is going on what looked right to me. I'm glad people are digging it! Give Lexy most of the credit though! He actually went out and took the photo.

I hope everybody had a great thanksgiving too!

I'm so sorry Lexy! I realized that I hadn't credited you after I had left the coffee house. I live in the Belmont area and don't have internet at my place so I just walk to Bongo Java and use theirs! I'm just now able to get back and credit you! Again, I'm sorry. The original photo was taken by Lexy everybody! As for the other questions...

And if you borrowed the Sig illustration, that company might appreciate it too.

What did ya'll think of our 30 second commercial?

And if you borrowed the Sig illustration, that company might appreciate it too.

What did ya'll think of our 30 second commercial?

Well I think that everybody here knows where I got the signature tower photo and where it came from but in case no one doesnt... The rendering of the signature is courtasy of Girratanna Development LLC.

Anyway I like the commercial as well. We're all wondering how the sales are coming along here.

I'm hoping the new marketing strategy with Lexus is increasing sales. I also believe if we have a December groundbreaking sales will increase to the 60-65% needed for full scale construction. Tony Giarratana and Giarratana LLC. are comitted to this project for the long run, and although we all want a groundbreaking right now, I think we have more time to get this project off the ground than we realize.What a great day for Nashville when Signature is built.

It seems like Tony is stuck with the 'chicken or the egg' scenario. Can you sign up enough residents on faith or do you need to actually start digging to get them to come on board?

He may have enough feedback to tell him if he starts moving dirt a new wave of residents will sign up, making the banks a little more comfortable. Or it even may take the actual pouring of concrete to reach the goals, but I would guess he knows what he's doing, when he breaks ground.

what a (small ?) difference a year makes. saw this old article http://www.businesstn.com/pub/3_12/features/8001-1.html and some of the year old posts on this thread while eating left over turkey this weekend. interesting that even back then there was a lot of second guessing about his marketing approach as well as how longer the condo boom and easy financing would last.

on a brighter note, there was an article in the wsj friday covering the growing trend of declining residential material costs. maybe this will help tony get his costs in line.

^ I had not read the WSJ article stating building materials costs were were declining, which is good news for both the residential construction market and consumers.

I think until the issues in the credit market and overall fears about the national economy play out one way or the other the future of the Sig will be up in the air. I really hope Tony can make this happen as it will prove a great prestige tool for the city to market with, but it seems the tide is against him at the moment. Tides always reverse though, so the project just has to hold on till then.

^ I had not read the WSJ article stating building materials costs were were declining, which is good news for both the residential construction market and consumers.

I think until the issues in the credit market and overall fears about the national economy play out one way or the other the future of the Sig will be up in the air. I really hope Tony can make this happen as it will prove a great prestige tool for the city to market with, but it seems the tide is against him at the moment. Tides always reverse though, so the project just has to hold on till then.

I guess it's too late for building materials to come down enough to close that $5million gap Mr. Giarratana had with his contractor.

I wonder if the decline in residential building materials cost also holds for concrete and steel high rise buildings as well. I can easily see how wood related building materials and sheet rock would be coming down, but I wonder whether concrete and steel building materials would be coming down as well. The world is still experiencing a building boom that is unprecedented in our time. Highrise construction worldwide is amazing. There are currently 160 skyscraper projects under construction in New York City alone. The building going on in China, the rest of Asia and the Middle East, especially Dubai is unbelievable. This is the type of construction that Signature Tower is, not single family housing construction. The lowering of construction costs for Signature might not be occurring. Check out this graph of steel prices and you'll see what I mean.

SteelPrices.jpg

I would love too see Signature Tower built as much as anyone, but there comes a point when Tony has to make his move. The people who have purchased a unit will not wait forever for their new luxury condo to be completed. There will eventually come a time when these affluent people start to think that this thing is just a pipe dream. If he does indeed start excacation this month then I would expect more people would jump on board and purchase a unit, but if not there will be perspective buyers who start to doubt Tony's ability to make the project happen. You guys have to remember, we are already almost 1 year away from the original start date. For the record, this is my favorite project ever in Nashville and I want more than anything for it to move forward, but there comes a time when you have to face reality and I believe that if excavation doesnt start in the next month or two then the reality will be that the project has failed. You also have to keep in perspective that Tony G is very ambitous and if anyone in Nashville could pull it off it would be him.

I think he essentially has to say that though... I dunno, if I doesn't start digging by April I think we can call this dead.

NOTE - There's nothing special about April, I don't claim any inside knowledge, I just think that's about how long people will be willing to wait.....there's no basis there....don't jump on me for it

^The one thing that would be special about April '08, in looking at the post history here, is that time would be right at 2 years since he first announced this would be the tallest tower in the SE. (when the older design was upped to 70 floors or so)

You guys are holding on to this thing like Memphis holds on to Elvis. Let it go, it's dead...

Archived