Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Baton Rouge Picture Thread

This past weekend I visited family in Baton Rouge. During the trip we visited downtown and I took my camera with me. Here is what I saw:

119316514_ff17c38cce.jpg

119319443_d6be56132d.jpg

The open green market downtown:

119316296_9191c17950.jpg

119316392_aa9a5498e9.jpg

This is the museum of art downtown. The pictures below it are from the top of this building:

119316635_de9560e9b2.jpg

119318859_9b22c32bbe.jpg

119318609_a6b32b329d.jpg

119318459_d0f67d4f7b.jpg

119318335_305ad180fd.jpg

119318210_00a8a02c7d.jpg

119318088_bdf240688d.jpg

Typical neighborhood in suburban Baton Rouge:

119322465_12ab4a27fd.jpg

Great pictures, Neo! :thumbsup: I really like the shots from the top of the Shaw Center, and especially the shot overlooking the river.

So what did you think of Louisiana's booming capital city? :)

Thanks for those pics Neo ! How did you like BR ? I liked all the pics, especially seeing the progress on the Old State Capitol renovation ! And Tiger Stadium in the background too .

The Manship Theatre inside the Shaw Arts Center is really nice ! I had to ask myself if this was really Baton Rouge ? And the top where you took those pics is the coolest nightime hang-out overlooking the river.

It looks like One American Place(BR's 2nd tallest) was blocking a partial view of the State Capital ?

So what did you think of Louisiana's booming capital city? :)

I'll be honest and say that it is probably not my favorite place but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I don't think I would choose to live there but it is nice to visit from time to time. I had a good breakfast at a place next to the market and I do like that they have a public place where you can go and get a view of the city and the river. I honestly expected to see more people out and about considering what's been on the news about BR, but I was pleasantly suprised overall at how nice the place was. It was truly better than I expected. Same for NO.

I'll be honest and say that it is probably not my favorite place but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I don't think I would choose to live there but it is nice to visit from time to time. I had a good breakfast at a place next to the market and I do like that they have a public place where you can go and get a view of the city and the river. I honestly expected to see more people out and about considering what's been on the news about BR, but I was pleasantly suprised overall at how nice the place was. It was truly better than I expected. Same for NO.

I'm glad to hear you liked the city. I agree that it's not the best city around, but I always enjoy myself there and I've always liked the place. :)

Thanks Byrde for taking pictures of Baton Rouge for everybody to see; Soon I'll be taking some pics myself !

We need to make this thread a picture of the day thread that stays up top.