Myriad Tunica

memphian

Ok so I know this is officially in MS but since its really more of the Memphis Metro area I thought it should go here. The Myriad Resort was just approved. I don't have anymore information just yet as I was just walking by a tv in the cafe at my office. This development is huge.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I know this is officially in MS but since its really more of the Memphis Metro area I thought it should go here. The Myriad Resort was just approved. I don't have anymore information just yet as I was just walking by a tv in the cafe at my office. This development is huge.

I take it that this approval means approval by the gaming commission and/or local authorities? They'll still need to get the financing together, but this is obviously a great first step. If they were granted a gaming license, I believe MS requires them to open in something like 2 years or the license expires.

It would be sweet. I just hope the powers that be will think/are thinking about perhaps a rebranding of the region to market it to the world, in light of recent improvements. If an integrated monorail-light rail system emerges as well, that really creates some fantastic possibilities for entrepreneurs with the right vision.

Well it just keeps getting bigger. The developers are now including a night club and a small 100,000 sq ft indoor amusement park. Weren't they supposed to announce the hotel by now? Anyone got any news? I thought One Beale was supposed to announce its hotel a while back also. -_-

I have been waiting for news about the hotel. I even called the office in Edmonton. Of course, they said they couldn't release any information just yet. I'm hoping for something good....Four Seasons, Fairmont or possibly Ritz-Carlton.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived