Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

Unique sidewalk art!

These are amazing. They are actually pastel drawings on the sidewalk but it looks 3d. They drawings had to be skewed so when you look at it from a certain perspective, its in 3d.

batman.jpg

postmod.jpg

blair.jpg

boat.jpg

coke.jpg

globe.jpgglobe-wrongview.jpg

rembrandt.jpg

sosie.jpg

swim.jpg

im not sure where they are but I thought they were amazing. Very unique artwork. I would love to see a HUGE 3d pastel aerial drawing of a city's skyline like Atlanta or Charlotte. That would be cool.

This doesn't exactly count as "sidewalk art" but it's public art nonetheless: One of the cool things about Philadelphia are walls of buildings are often covered in murals, or covered with glittery glass colored fragments -- they are very cool mosaics. On South street towards 11th or so, I think, you can see a huge collection of these mosaics and sculptures made by this local (eccentric) artist.

I've seen this guy somewhere before... he does awesome work. And when I say I've seen him somewhere before, I mean I've seen these pictures somewhere... not actually him.

swim.jpg

These things are amzing. He obviously has talent.

What you said about them being skewed...

Take this for example: thelady's foot in the pic above is actually about 30 feet long.

That's a lot of chalk!

Yeah, this is awesome stuff! This artist was in Greenville several years ago where he created a cool piece of art during the Coca-Cola Riverplace Arts Festival (now Artisphere). :shades:

Yeah, this is awesome stuff! This artist was in Greenville several years ago where he created a cool piece of art during the Coca-Cola Riverplace Arts Festival (now Artisphere). :shades:

That's awesome. We have a huge arts festival every year, the Red River Revel; I wish he'd end up there one year, because I'd love to see his work firsthand.