Being single in the South

Rwarky

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently married last year in June, but I was single for almost 10 years after college, and when I moved back to SC, I dated in Charleston and Columbia for a combined 4 years. I'll say this, Chas seems to have tons of beautiful single women, and more seem to move down there every year. Before I started dating my wife, Cola also had many beautiful women at USC, and I dated a couple of them.

However, it seemed that most of the good-looking girls were taken. I think in the South, there is a tendancy for women to think that having a boyfriend is a status symbol. If they're not dating somebody, they think they should be! As a result, it was very difficult to find a quality, wholesome, attractive girl to ask out.

Eventually, I was blessed with the girl I have now, but it took a weird set of circumstances for our relationship to occur!

I think in the South, there is a tendancy for women to think that having a boyfriend is a status symbol. If they're not dating somebody, they think they should be! As a result, it was very difficult to find a quality, wholesome, attractive girl to ask out.

Very very very true and well said :)

Places Iv'e ventured and took notice:

Atlanta, unbelieveable selection of beautiful educated single women!

Columbia, great place pound for pound thanks to USC post grads!

Va Beach, again see ATL I love the phillipine influence beatiful exotic women!

NOVA/ DC but I forgot it's not southern its "mid atlantic" ;)

Haven't been to Houston but from what Iv'e seen I've liked (ie Beyonce ;))

• 3 weeks later...

I recently married last year in June, but I was single for almost 10 years after college, and when I moved back to SC, I dated in Charleston and Columbia for a combined 4 years. I'll say this, Chas seems to have tons of beautiful single women, and more seem to move down there every year. Before I started dating my wife, Cola also had many beautiful women at USC, and I dated a couple of them.

However, it seemed that most of the good-looking girls were taken. I think in the South, there is a tendancy for women to think that having a boyfriend is a status symbol. If they're not dating somebody, they think they should be! As a result, it was very difficult to find a quality, wholesome, attractive girl to ask out.

Eventually, I was blessed with the girl I have now, but it took a weird set of circumstances for our relationship to occur!

I agree.

living in the south wasn't the reason i had been single for a while. women and ex-girlfriends were the reason i had been single in a while. haha :P but seriously, i find it's not difficult to find girls down here in nashville/murfreesboro. there is a pretty even mixture of single and girls in a relationship. most of the girls (including my current girlfriend) i've met has come from places i frequent.

Archived