Another mall page

TenPoundHammer

http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/forgottenmi/hampton.html

One of the first pages I ever made, about Hampton Towne Centre in Bay City. This was the mall that introduced me to the concept of "dead malls".

I actually got into trouble with this page a couple years ago - I had called the manager of the mall to ask him a question; he said he had seen my page, and started yelling at me about taking pictures in his mall, and yelling about things I had said on my page (he said I had a lot of gall to be calling his mall "Dead" - um, well, it's kinda TRUE, you know). He even threatened to call the police on me if I didn't take the page down. (I hung up on him partway through his rant.) For the record, I did NOT see any signs anywhere saying I couldn't take photos, so I don't know what he was so PO'd about. I even told him that I had been in retail places before taking photos, and nobody ever told me not to do it - one time I was in a chain store that was going out of business, and they actually ENCOURAGED me to take photos!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, Bay City mall isn't all that great either.

No kidding. Believe it or not, I count about five spaces in Bay City Mall that have NEVER had tenants in them! (Two of said spaces are in the food court.) The food court at Bay City isn't that strong either - just Mrs. Fields, Subway, GNC (yes, the vitamin place), an arcade, a cheapo pizza parlor, a Chinese place, and "H & W American Food & Smoothies" in an old A & W. Oh well, I guess that's not QUITE as bad as the "LaBarro's Pizzeria" operating in a former Sbarro's in Livonia Mall...

Archived