758 Wealthy St SE

twoshort

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the nice welcome Joe.

I just happened to take a few shots this week. As you can see, construction is finishing up, and we're anticipatng having our structures and shelves up in about two weeks. The fireplace in the back will be our centerpiece.

--Michael

Literary Life Bookstore & More

• 1 month later...
Next time, you may consider checking out some of the school bookstores. You may have had better luck at Brian's books or GVSU out in Allendale, as they have many classes on this topic and others related to it. (Calvin, Cornerstone, and Aquinas too.) Just an idea...

I suspect that Aspire, the bookstore on Fulton near Little Africa that closed a few months ago would have had the book I was looking for. It was in the middle of the day and I had limited time. One of those impulse things -- but the opportunity to plant a seed that might grow into something mighty or "just" transform one life . . . or not. I'm sorry that Aspire did not make it.

• 2 weeks later...

They've been open for a few weeks now. I stopped in and chatted with Roni & Michael the Saturday before last. Very nice. They aim to serve the neighborhood. Just checked their website (www.literarylifebookstore.com) and found this:

Literary Life Bookstore

A Truly Independent Bookstore

Thursday, October 25, 5:00-8:00 PM

An Evening of Celebration

Literary Life Bookstore & More, Inc., along with Wealthy at Charles and Kitchen Design Studio, will host an evening of celebration. LitLife will be happily celebrating their grand opening with drinks and desserts, along with prize drawings and extended shopping hours. Wealthy at Charles will be having their own 'Grand Open House', a combination of a belated grand opening party with wine and appetizers, along with an open house designed to introduce their style of urban home and garden decor to new fans of Wealthy Street. Kitchen Design Studio will be hosting an open house in appreciation of their loyal customers, and as an introduction to new customers, with a chance to meet a star chef, sample some amazing food and beverages, and tour the kitchen vignettes in the studio. The night will include music, conversation, food, drinks, and fun, all in one block on Wealthy Street between Charles and Eastern. Don't miss it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks-

Michael from Literary Life Bookstore here.

I want to thank all of you who have stopped by the new store to say hello. RadicalJoy, I had a great talk with you last Saturday.

Tomorrow, October 25, between 5:00 and 8:00 PM, we're happily celebrating our opening as part of the Evening of Celebration. LitLife will be serving champagne and desserts, and intermittently offering prize drawings for gift cards to use at future visits. Please come and introduce yourselves.

--Michael

Literary Life Bookstore

Hi Folks-

Michael from Literary Life Bookstore here.

I want to thank all of you who have stopped by the new store to say hello. RadicalJoy, I had a great talk with you last Saturday.

Tomorrow, October 25, between 5:00 and 8:00 PM, we're happily celebrating our opening as part of the Evening of Celebration. LitLife will be serving champagne and desserts, and intermittently offering prize drawings for gift cards to use at future visits. Please come and introduce yourselves.

--Michael

Literary Life Bookstore

Archived