Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TenPoundHammer

Cascade Drive-In

This may be old news now, but does anyone know what's going on where the Cascade Drive-In used to be (behind the old Showcase Cinemas) on 28th just west of I-96? Last I heard, I think Lowe's or Super Target was going in there.

This may be old news now, but does anyone know what's going on where the Cascade Drive-In used to be (behind the old Showcase Cinemas) on 28th just west of I-96? Last I heard, I think Lowe's or Super Target was going in there.

The Target has been open for quite awhile now. The construction going on next to it (behind COSCO) I believe is a Dicks Sporting Goods.

DOn't know what is going up adjacent to Staples.

hammer guy, that land was redeveloped in to Costco, Target, and abunch of shops, called Waterfall Shoppes. Until I had to up and leave town on a moments notice, I was the General Manager at Cascade Arby's. I benefited greatly when they put Starbucks next door :)

waterfall shoppes

How's that Moe's next door?

My brother ate there about a week or so back and said that they literally yell at you when you walk in the door, "Welcome to Moe's!" Its their thing I guess. Sorta like that restaurant from 'Office Space' on steriods.

Yelled at, like from across the room or when you're up at the counter?

I would feel really happy if they yelled from the back of the restaurant, but not so much if I were about to order and they were all "Welcome to Moe's" up in my grill.

Cold Stone = deLICioUS

Cold Stone = deLICioUS
Coldstone is the best, but it is still too expensive for me to get more than once a week or so. Their location on Alpine is great, but I would much rather go downtown for my Coldstone cravings :)

My brother ate there about a week or so back and said that they literally yell at you when you walk in the door, "Welcome to Moe's!" ....

My workplace is a couple blocks away across 28th Street [have I ever mentioned how much I miss being downtown???] and I sometimes risk life & limb to hike over there. The ped facilities (crosswalks, sidewalks, waiting pads, curb cuts) are...well, whadya expect on 28th Street.

Moe's is a lot like Qudoba: build your own burrito, huge array of fixin's. All the menu offerings have cutesey goofy names. The chips are multicolored.

Noodles is quite good, with many different ethnic-style options. When you walk in their door, they yell, "welcome to Noodles!" (Thus far no one has yelled at me upon entering Target or Staples.) Can't imagine their forthcoming parking lot cafe will be very popular. (I sure do miss sitting in or out front of Olive Express.)

When I was with the planning dept of the largest city in Mich (mid-2003), we'd review site plans for drive-up windows. "Hey, let's make Starbuck's drive-up customers go all the way around the building! And cut across pedestrian access to the walk-up restaurants! Such a good idea!" Every time I venture across the street I shake my head and ask, "what were they thinking?"

Dang I miss sidewalks.

The former Target store (couple miles west) is being deconstructed.

I LOVE MOE'S. It was one of my fave restaurants in Atlanta. The red sauce in the back by the condiments is awesome. So is the sweet tea.

It's pretty funny when they do it. Catches you off guard. Also lots of amusing TV references on the menu (my wife had the Art Vandoley). Same concept as Qdoba...

My brother ate there about a week or so back and said that they literally yell at you when you walk in the door, "Welcome to Moe's!" Its their thing I guess. Sorta like that restaurant from 'Office Space' on steriods.

Any idea of what they are replacing it with?

The former Target store (couple miles west) is being deconstructed.

Former Target store (near the Hobby Lobby-JoAnn's-Sam's club...

Any idea of what they are replacing it with?

Becoming a Value City Furniture, which is moving down the street from Wyoming.

Anyone know who owns the old Target store ~ to become a Value City furniture?

I expect that Target was leasing the property, and it's owned by the mall. (That retailer of stuff-from-flooded-Dillard's-stores didn't last long.)

I don't know that it was intended to be there forever, they opened up shop on plainfield too, and both of the stores kind of seemed temporary.