Dump Truck Drives Into Path of Train

sax184

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a railfan that some what pisses me off. But at least the passengers were safe and the train looks as if it could be repaired. I've seen that old NCDOT engine pulling #74 alot lately. That still started before this accident tho. <_<

Edit: Checked the DOT website and both trains(74,73) will be bus chartered tomar. The Carolinian will still run as normal.(sorry i cant spell)

Being a railfan that some what pisses me off. But at least the passengers were safe and the train looks as if it could be repaired. I've seen that old NCDOT engine pulling #74 alot lately. That still started before this accident tho. <_<

Edit: Checked the DOT website and both trains(74,73) will be bus chartered tomar. The Carolinian will still run as normal.(sorry i cant spell)

I am glad the passengers were safe. I wonder the type of railroad crossing it was. How will this affect rails service in the future along the piedmont route?

I am glad the passengers were safe. I wonder the type of railroad crossing it was. How will this affect rails service in the future along the piedmont route?

Update: It was a tractor trailer, not a dump truck.

News-Record Article

The crossing was private, which means it is not a focus of the Sealed Corridor initiative to make crossings safer. This is not a flaw in the program- public crossings present far more collision opportunities.

Assuming there is no danger to the track, which seems to be the case because the Carolinian is still running, then as soon as there are engines functioning again, The Piedmont will be back up and running at full speed. Hopefully there is a law that can get the individual or company responsible for the accident to pay for the damages.

Archived