Which Project is the most important to GR?

Yankee Fan

Which Project is the most important to GR?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project is the most important to GR?

• Riverhouse
    • Alticor Hotel
    • River Grand (or whatever it is called)
    • GR Art Museum
    • Pill Hill Developments, including VAI expansion
    • MSU Medical School
    • Other

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

until more concrete details are coming out about River Grand, I have to go with the Medical school relocation, bringing students and more research that could be potentially changing, the landscape of the town.

Of course If River Grand becomes legit who knows.

until more concrete details are coming out about River Grand, I have to go with the Medical school relocation, bringing students and more research that could be potentially changing, the landscape of the town.

Of course If River Grand becomes legit who knows.

Even if River Grand happens, the MSU medical School will still top it in terms of impact on the city I'm sure.

What river Grand might do is help keep those same MSU students in Grand Rapids though. So who knows? Keeping those MSU grads here does a lot to help as well.

I have to agree with my man MJLO (still not sure if you are a guy or if you are just pulling my leg on that one :whistling: ). It is almost a catch 22: one project is dependent on another project which is dependent on another project. I guess that this comes down to which project is the key in the ignition to start the engine. There are a lot of good things coming, it is just hard to tell which project is most likely to truly get the ball rolling downtown.

I have to agree with my man MJLO (still not sure if you are a guy or if you are just pulling my leg on that one :whistling: ). It is almost a catch 22: one project is dependent on another project which is dependent on another project. I guess that this comes down to which project is the key in the ignition to start the engine. There are a lot of good things coming, it is just hard to tell which project is most likely to truly get the ball rolling downtown.

Several of us have met MJLO. He's a guy :P (except for Tuesdays at Rumors, wasn't that it MJLO?) :lol:

I'd say the engine is running. It's just "purring" right now :)

Several of us have met MJLO. He's a guy :P (except for Tuesdays at Rumors, wasn't that it MJLO?) :lol:

I'd say the engine is running. It's just "purring" right now :)

thats right dad, because of "rockford mom" it's actually wednesday nights i'm Miss Ginger the wonder queen

Whoa dude, thats pretty akward. Now a thousand taglines repeated aren't going to alter your public precption ;) Micheal Jackson meets Jenifer Lopez.

:P I revert back to my comment about your name reminding me of the morally obscure chick, from that grease movie. (immages of Stockard Channing in my head).

Back to topic, I think for the future, the MSU school relocating here will end up having a huge impact on the city, perhaps the economy, who knows what could lie ahead.

Rivergrand would bring the most jobs, have the greatest effect on the downtown skyline, and the most positive impact overall because it will change the image of our city. Plus, everybody is talking about this. Can the same be said for any of the other projects?

Rivergrand is my pick.

I would cast my vote towards River Grand, except I can't label one thing that is concrete about it, every thing is so skeptical. Every other project on that list is happening, will happen, or has a much better chance of happening than River Grand at this point. So what is most important? Something that I know for sure will make a difference in this town, not something that could, because as my friend Brandy says,

Almost doesn't count!

I have to go with Pill Hill for a few reasons. First, although it is primarily medical in nature, it is still somewhat mixed use in function. Second, multiple established entities are involved and are looking to use these combined developments to further advance their respected establishments (Spectrum Health, VAI, etc.). This provides them with new facilities for new services. Third, this is a big reason that the medical school will be coming here. If we did not have Pill Hill there would be no draw to the area strong enough to ge them to move the school.

Just my opinion.

The Pill Hill is already underway, correct? This River Grand thing may well be a pie in the sky dream...I hope not. In terms of what's already happening though, what people are already putting their money into - the Pill Hill project and anything connected to VAI seems to hold the greatest potential for impacting GR. If and when we find out what's REALLY going on with River Grand - I may change my answer! ;)

I really can't believe so many people picked the River Grand project. If a project that is a mystery is the "most important to GR", watch for bridge jumpers if this thing doesn't get off the ground :unsure:

I was surprised too, being that it's all a speculative frenzy brought on by premature PR. The hunger for development bringing jobs is clear, but the cats behind this project could have shot themselves in the foot. People can turn like an angry pack of wolves if project details don't end up living up to the hype. It seems like there really isn't a difinitive strategy - it's all been reactive. If in fact there is bigger money behind the project than what we've heard, it seems like they would have been more in control of all the information "leaks." Watch the bridges.

Archived