Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChiefJoJo

Amra's opens now!

7 posts in this topic

Submit your name for a free membership until this Friday at www.amrasraleigh.com. It's located just north of Hillsborough St at 106 Glenwood Avenue.

Did anyone go here yet? Interested to hear reviews. I love jazz music and sounds like a cool place to hang-out. Unfortunately, my wife would not like the cigar smoke if it is bad.

I drove by last night and it looked pretty jammed. It was good to see some action that far up on Glenwood... have not been inside yet though.

Finally found my membershp card. I'll have to go check it out soon as it's only about 200 yards from my home. :P

my card is buried somewhere on my desk, along with all my paperwork for my taxes that I have yet to complete... hopefully I will find it this weekend, since time is a'tickin...

Warning: I went over last night to check it out and was denied because of no collared shirt. It seems to be a pretty upscale place, so dress to impress.

Went by Amra's last night and I have to say I liked it a lot. The crowd was a little older than most places on Glenwood. The jazz was good and loud, the interior was well done. Definitely a place I'll go back to.