Lunchtime Stroll

MidTenn1

Beautiful sunny day in downtown Nashville.

A look up Deaderick Street.

Spring007.jpg

Union Street

Spring010.jpg

Church Street looking good. Nashville's one block of Manhattan

Spring055.jpg

Second Avenue was bustling.

Spring011.jpg

Lower Broad was filling up with tourists.

Spring051.jpg

The view from the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge.

Spring023.jpg

Looking back on Second.

Spring013.jpg

Even First Avenue is looking good.

Spring029.jpg

Wonder what Cap'n Ryman is thinking

Spring053.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics. Thanks. Just looking at these reminds me of how beautiful Nashville really is. Damn, I love the river. I've got to get up there soon, or I'm gonna burst.

In the second to last photo (the one of the riverfront), I saw the building that I've only recently noticed in photos. It's the taller one that is next to the Market Street Brewery. It has an interesting roofline with something that looks like a gallery style window wall. It also appears to be uneven.

So is that new? Was it just added to the top of the building, or did the owners have to cut away part of the roof... It actually looks like part of the side wall of the roof was indeed cut. It looked like an optical illusion the first time I saw it in a photo.

Anybody know anything about this?

And Dave, what kind of trees are those along the riverfront? They look great.

Brain, the wall of windows is to a private apartment, one of the first to go to Second. It's been there for years. Very large, the entire floor. I'm not sure who lives there now.

The trees along the river are fairly new cherry trees. The originals were a gift from Nissan and had become a bit fragile. This type, I can't name, will be a better variety for the long term. Give them a few years and stand back. Beautiful.

Archived