Plan Nashscan's trip

nashscan

Hello from Nashville -

What do you do when you have the entire weekend off? You go to Atlanta of course.

I'll be spending mostly the entire day (this Saturday) in Atlanta. We're looking to do fairly low-budget activities, so no bars. Help me brainstorm things to do. I'll be cherrypicking your best ideas.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta is a neighborhood oriented city - so check out the neighborhoods & their commercial centers: Virginia Highlands, Inman Park / Little Five Points, East Atlanta, Grant Park & Peachtree Battle / Garden Hills / Peachtree Rd. There are also some interesting urban neighborhoods - such as Castleberry Hill loft district, Auburn Ave / Old Fourth Ward & of course Midtown.

Nashcan, you gotta take a stroll in Piedmont Park! It's breathtaking this time of the year, and the people-watching is always great. Plus, you'll get some spectacular pics of the Midtown skyline from that vantage point.

Well, we might have lunch at the Varsity. I've been there tons of times. Been to the Sundial three times. We're definately going to go people watching @ Piedmont Park. We're also going to see the laser show @ Stone Mountain. I'll probably also end up taking lots of pictures and riding Marta until I get kicked off. Throw any more ideas you have out there. No cleaning of apartments, lol.

Well, we might have lunch at the Varsity. I've been there tons of times. Been to the Sundial three times. We're definately going to go people watching @ Piedmont Park. We're also going to see the laser show @ Stone Mountain. I'll probably also end up taking lots of pictures and riding Marta until I get kicked off. Throw any more ideas you have out there. No cleaning of apartments, lol.

Have you been to the MLK Center, Aquarium, or the Cyclorama?

Just trying to think of attractions you haven't been to off the top of my head.

The MLK center is amazing and free. What a deal! Be sure to walk around the neigborhood. It's where I live. It just looks dangerouse but it's not.

A lot of people like to do the Swan House to get the feel of old Atlanta. If you're over that way you can also take in the various gardens, the History Center, and perhaps grab a genteel lunch at the Coach House.

Archived