Pete Hollis Gateway

RestedTraveler

Drove by rutherford and Stone Avenue yesterdat and there was some heavy machinery on the old Hess gas station on the corner there. They had removed the old canopy over the pumps. Could someting finally be getting ready to happen at this intersection.

Drove by rutherford and Stone Avenue yesterdat and there was some heavy machinery on the old Hess gas station on the corner there. They had removed the old canopy over the pumps. Could someting finally be getting ready to happen at this intersection.

For weeks is has had one of the city's orange "D"'s marking it for demo. I don't think it is being developed, I think the cityjust condemded it and is tearing it down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the sculpture you're referring to?

There's a mountainscape that's supposed to be attached to the north side of the wall. I think the rendering must be in another thread. Good things are worth the wait, though. I had fully expected to come back to Greenville and see that site completely unchanged, so it was a pleasant surprise.

• 1 month later...

Yea - Crosby cited mostly economic factors for Snapshot closing (cost of fuel resulting in fewer patrons and higher food costs, etc.), but I've got a good friend that has been there a few times, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt on their food and he's just not been impressed at all. I've never been there myself. I had hoped to have tried it out at least once for myself before they closed. Damn. :angry: On the up-side, it'd make a great location for another restaurant or even a coffee house (Liquid Highway, Jittery Joes, Port City Java, etc.).

• 1 month later...