Arkansas Stars

Mith242

This has been mentioned before but I don't think it has it's own topic so I thought I'd start one and see if we can get our first semi-pro/minor league team in NWA some attention. Looks like the Arkansas Stars will be playing their first home game Saturday. Their first game was on the road. I'll go ahead and post their schedule in case anyone is interested.

March 18---at Beaumont TX---lost 55-49

April 1-----Charleston---------8PM

April 8-----at Katy TX----------7PM

April 15----at Lincoln Neb-----7PM

April 22----at Twin City, LA---7PM

April 28----at River City, Mo--7PM

May 4------Katy, TX-----------7PM

May 13-----Twin City, LA-----7PM

May 20-----at Chattanooga--7PM

May 27-----Beaumont, TX---7PM

June 3------at Charleston----7PM

June 17-----Cincinnati-------7PM

June 24-----Dayton, OH-----7PM

July 1-------Hollywood, FL---7PM

Here's also a link to the NIFL website.

http://www.niflfootball.com/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been mentioned before but I don't think it has it's own topic so I thought I'd start one and see if we can get our first semi-pro/minor league team in NWA some attention. Looks like the Arkansas Stars will be playing their first home game Saturday. Their first game was on the road. I'll go ahead and post their schedule in case anyone is interested.

March 18---at Beaumont TX---lost 55-49

April 1-----Charleston---------8PM

April 8-----at Katy TX----------7PM

April 15----at Lincoln Neb-----7PM

April 22----at Twin City, LA---7PM

April 28----at River City, Mo--7PM

May 4------Katy, TX-----------7PM

May 13-----Twin City, LA-----7PM

May 20-----at Chattanooga--7PM

May 27-----Beaumont, TX---7PM

June 3------at Charleston----7PM

June 17-----Cincinnati-------7PM

June 24-----Dayton, OH-----7PM

July 1-------Hollywood, FL---7PM

Here's also a link to the NIFL website.

http://www.niflfootball.com/

Thanks for the schedule Mith, I had almost forgotten about this indoor football team. I guess I will try to make it to one or two games just to show that Fayetteville can support more than just college sports.

Thanks for the schedule Mith, I had almost forgotten about this indoor football team. I guess I will try to make it to one or two games just to show that Fayetteville can support more than just college sports.

I agree, I don't think I'll be able to make tomorrow night's game but once they get back in town I'd like to check out a game or two. For one just to see what it's like but to also try to help support them. I think the university sports we have here are great, but I still wouldn't mind seeing something else in the area as well too.

I wonder what they are expecting average attendance to be. I also wonder what average attendance is for the NIFL.

I don't know. The Randal Tyson Track Center is a 5,100-seat multi-purpose arena. The Arkansas Stars pay the University $7,000 per game played there. At $10.00 per ticket they netted $3,000 at the box office. How much does it cost to run a NIFL team? Sounds like the job doesn't pay much.

I don't know. The Randal Tyson Track Center is a 5,100-seat multi-purpose arena. The Arkansas Stars pay the University $7,000 per game played there. At $10.00 per ticket they netted $3,000 at the box office. How much does it cost to run a NIFL team? Sounds like the job doesn't pay much.

I got the impression from the paper that they thought it was a good crowd but they hope they can bring out more people as the word gets out.

I got the impression from the paper that they thought it was a good crowd but they hope they can bring out more people as the word gets out.

It very well may be true. It's not easy going for a new team to come from nowhere and expect to be a huge draw. Let's hope they win a couple games just to give people hope that this will be a team worth paying $10.00 to see.

It very well may be true. It's not easy going for a new team to come from nowhere and expect to be a huge draw. Let's hope they win a couple games just to give people hope that this will be a team worth paying $10.00 to see.

Hopefully people will support them and give them a chance. But being an expansion team they're probably not going to be winning a lot of games this year. Hopefully people keep that in mind. I'm also hoping people realize that we need to help support teams otherwise it's going to make it harder to bring anything else in in the near future.

Hopefully people will support them and give them a chance. But being an expansion team they're probably not going to be winning a lot of games this year. Hopefully people keep that in mind. I'm also hoping people realize that we need to help support teams otherwise it's going to make it harder to bring anything else in in the near future.

I don't think supporting a losing team will be an issue... people tend to be "Hog Wild" up here win or lose. What's going to be an issue is advertising and putting on a good show. PR will make or break this team. Who cares if they win as long as people love them. That and beer. Beer will support this team even if people hate them. :D

• 1 month later...

Well for those of you that were possibly interested in seeing a game you might be out of luck unless you caught the very first home game. Apparently players havn't been paid and possibly might not play this weekend's game. Apparently the owners of the team are having finacial problems. Depending on what source you get the info from things are either in not too bad of shape or things are pretty bad and there's a good chance there won't be another game played. There are some runors that the owners owe money to more than just the players and the staff. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens to see if we have a team anymore.

The Montgomery, AL coach fired his entire team the other day and is starting from scratch. I read it and thought it was interesting.

Yeah I heard that's one possible outcome here. But if all the financial rumors are true it's possible there won't be any team at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Well took me a while to finally find this out but apparently there are new owners for the Arkansas Stars. That seems to have been part of the reason one of their games was cancelled, to give the new owners time to get things together. I haven't seen anything on the new owners but I know the league was trying to find someone local to take over the team. Hopefully things will start getting better for the team. At least it looks like the team is still going at the moment.

Well took me a while to finally find this out but apparently there are new owners for the Arkansas Stars. That seems to have been part of the reason one of their games was cancelled, to give the new owners time to get things together. I haven't seen anything on the new owners but I know the league was trying to find someone local to take over the team. Hopefully things will start getting better for the team. At least it looks like the team is still going at the moment.

Hey maybe Jerry Jones is buying the All-Stars. He's got strong ties up here and is even related to the Barbers and Chambers' of NWA. That would be something. They may just become the next Cowboys. "How 'bout them All-Stars." :D

Hey maybe Jerry Jones is buying the All-Stars. He's got strong ties up here and is even related to the Barbers and Chambers' of NWA. That would be something. They may just become the next Cowboys. "How 'bout them All-Stars." :D

I saw the owner on KNWA I think his name was Wilkerson. Not anyone I have ever heard of. But still nice to have local ownership in place now. From the things I'd heard about the Alabama owners I'm glad they've gone their own way.

I saw the owner on KNWA I think his name was Wilkerson. Not anyone I have ever heard of. But still nice to have local ownership in place now. From the things I'd heard about the Alabama owners I'm glad they've gone their own way.

Any ideas on what he does?

Tyson?

Wal-Mart?

• 6 months later...

Looks like the Arkansas Stars dropped out of the failing NIFL. They are a founding team of the NAIFL (North American Indoor Football League). The Stars will play in the UIFL (Ultimate Indoor Football League) division of the NAIFL. The NAIFL and the UIFL merged this fall. I hope this new league does well. I believe the Stars will be playing in the All-Star Sports Complex in Springdale next season.

NAIFL.org

• 9 months later...

Archived