Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northernbizzkit1

Downtown Nashville Restaurants

39 posts in this topic

Howdy! I'm going to be in town next Thursday until Sunday, and I was wondering...what cool restaurants are in the area (we're at the Sheraton). Do any of you know about a good sushi restaurant in the area?

Howdy! I'm going to be in town next Thursday until Sunday, and I was wondering...what cool restaurants are in the area (we're at the Sheraton). Do any of you know about a good sushi restaurant in the area?

Rusan's in the Gulch is always a good time (sushi). For a pub, Mulligan's on 2nd Ave is my watering hole.

Not a sushi person, but my wife would agree with cdub about Rusan's. A little funkier, cool sushi spot is Sam's on Church (by Printer's Alley, between 3rd and 4th). Other great restaurants include Parco's (asian-French-American fusion), Capitol Grill (in the Hermitage Hotel), and Past Perfect. If you want a Nashville experience bar, Tootsie's is cool (though often packed with tourists).

Thanks for the suggestions! Capitol Grill is good...I've been there with my parents.

I've eaten at Merchants. It was a very nice time. The bar at the Stockyard is interesting too.

I've eaten at Amerigo too, and it's good.

And speaking of chains...

There's Maggiano's which is consistently good. Memphis may have one of those however.

So when will Stony River open? I've heard that's really good. I've never heard of Bricktop... has anybody been to one of those?

Stony River's good, but muy expensivo. Another good chain is... crap I forgot the name. I'll get back to you with that one. Also, you have to try out the Spaghetti Factory. It's soooo good. And very Nashville. I would definately go there.

Also, you have to try out the Spaghetti Factory. It's soooo good. And very Nashville. I would definately go there.

My wife has made a point of going to every Spaghetti Factory location in the cities she/we have visited.

For sushi my favorite is Virago. If you want a huge selection and good quality, I recommend RuSan's; if you want a little better quality [in my opinion] check out Virago but call ahead for a table. Wednesday they have 1/2 price sushi after 9pm. Both offer a nice atmosphere. Stoney River is insanely good, I agree. It might get overlooked sometimes, but another favorite is Rumba on West End.

Demos downtown is a great choice IMO. Its affordable, has great steaks, chicken rice soup, pasta dishes, and other varied selection of other dishes.

On Thurs-Sat in the Arade there is the House of Pizza, which has some of the best New York style pizza to be found.

AHA!!! THAT'S IT!! Demos' is the other restuarant I like. The have good rolls.

Demo's is a must (and cheap), great chicken/rolls/pot roast/pasta. For sushi DT, try Ichiban on 2nd Ave. (close to Wild Horse Saloon). Also, stop in Mike's Ice Cream Fountain on lower Broadway for fresh hand-made waffle cones while they last!

Demo's, good food, good service, and good prices. I have never heard anyone complain there. 3rd and Commerce. Cant go wrong.

Agreed on Demos; good food, cheap. barakat is right on about Rumba...Yum! :w00t: If you like Rumba, The Mirror in 12South is another good bet. The blue cheese polenta fries are addictive. Mafioso's across the street is also fun.

Palm is good but I do not get there that often.

Glad you gave Sambucas another try and I will second your sentiments.

I would add The Mad Platter in Germantown for a great local experience.

not exactly a restaurant, but if you're looking for a great little spot to have a beer before dinner or going out, check out Yazoo in Marathon Village. Fantastic local brewery and a unique local opportunity. the website give times and other info...

northernbizzkit1,

Sounds like you better add on several weeks to your visit. Better yet, just move on over to Nashvegas. :D

Without a doubt, the best sushi in the 'ville is Virago's :thumbsup:

Do any of you know about a good sushi restaurant in the area?

I would suggest "Koto" in the immediate downtown area. Koto was one of the first sushi restaurants in the city and is still good. It is diagonally across from the Renaissance Hotel on 7th Avenue.

It's not exactly downtown, but this is the essential

Nashville watering hole....

Rotiers.

58002963.arotiers.jpg

It's not exactly downtown, but this is the essential

Nashville watering hole....

Rotiers.

58002963.arotiers.jpg

Yes!! Definitely agree... I tried this place out actually thanks to this forum (I think Dave mentioned it). Great meat n two/three, but awesome hamburgers! :D

I still want to get around to Vandyland before they close too....