Downtown Nashville Restaurants

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy! I'm going to be in town next Thursday until Sunday, and I was wondering...what cool restaurants are in the area (we're at the Sheraton). Do any of you know about a good sushi restaurant in the area?

Rusan's in the Gulch is always a good time (sushi). For a pub, Mulligan's on 2nd Ave is my watering hole.

Howdy! I'm going to be in town next Thursday until Sunday, and I was wondering...what cool restaurants are in the area (we're at the Sheraton). Do any of you know about a good sushi restaurant in the area?

Not a sushi person, but my wife would agree with cdub about Rusan's. A little funkier, cool sushi spot is Sam's on Church (by Printer's Alley, between 3rd and 4th). Other great restaurants include Parco's (asian-French-American fusion), Capitol Grill (in the Hermitage Hotel), and Past Perfect. If you want a Nashville experience bar, Tootsie's is cool (though often packed with tourists).

I've eaten at Merchants. It was a very nice time. The bar at the Stockyard is interesting too.

I've eaten at Amerigo too, and it's good.

And speaking of chains...

There's Maggiano's which is consistently good. Memphis may have one of those however.

So when will Stony River open? I've heard that's really good. I've never heard of Bricktop... has anybody been to one of those?

For sushi my favorite is Virago. If you want a huge selection and good quality, I recommend RuSan's; if you want a little better quality [in my opinion] check out Virago but call ahead for a table. Wednesday they have 1/2 price sushi after 9pm. Both offer a nice atmosphere. Stoney River is insanely good, I agree. It might get overlooked sometimes, but another favorite is Rumba on West End.

Demo's is a must (and cheap), great chicken/rolls/pot roast/pasta. For sushi DT, try Ichiban on 2nd Ave. (close to Wild Horse Saloon). Also, stop in Mike's Ice Cream Fountain on lower Broadway for fresh hand-made waffle cones while they last!

Palm is good but I do not get there that often.

Glad you gave Sambucas another try and I will second your sentiments.

I would add The Mad Platter in Germantown for a great local experience.

not exactly a restaurant, but if you're looking for a great little spot to have a beer before dinner or going out, check out Yazoo in Marathon Village. Fantastic local brewery and a unique local opportunity. the website give times and other info...

Do any of you know about a good sushi restaurant in the area?

I would suggest "Koto" in the immediate downtown area. Koto was one of the first sushi restaurants in the city and is still good. It is diagonally across from the Renaissance Hotel on 7th Avenue.

It's not exactly downtown, but this is the essential

Nashville watering hole....

Rotiers.

58002963.arotiers.jpg

Yes!! Definitely agree... I tried this place out actually thanks to this forum (I think Dave mentioned it). Great meat n two/three, but awesome hamburgers! :D

I still want to get around to Vandyland before they close too....

Archived