Charlotte

Neo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me lazy, but I will post here my response for ALL parts of your tour, out of fear of repeating the same thing... First of all, enjoy your new camera. As I can see, you put it to some good use :)

We all know how much Uptown has progressed throughout the years, but I must say that Tryon Rd impresses me more and more every time I see it. It is THE MOST attractive main road in North Carolina, with the true city feel and the elegance that every NC city should strive for. Tryon Rd is a model to be used for every major street, not only in North Carolina, but everywhere. Those people who drool over Chicago's or New York's main streets can see some of the elements of a real big city in Tryon Rd.

Enough said... thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures, Neo!!!

Tyron St. is extremely impressive! I wish they would model other streets in Charlotte after it though. I'm sure it will come in time. Trade St. isn't bad, but there are gaps where it's not that great. Tryon St. is definately on par with places like Michigan Ave. in Chicago, for the size of Charlotte anyway.

Thanks! I love old buildings that had this type of architecture. It's hard to find such gems in a time where everything is built with glass and steel.

It's the exact opposite here...everything is old with lions & gargoyles, & nothing is built of glass and steel. So when I get back from Detroit on Friday you all will see lots of architecture like this.

• 1 month later...

I think it is fantastic the way the new glass skyscraper is blended and attached to the older historic building.Also,that Tyron St is a real class act with its sidewalk lighting and trees.High praise for Charlotte. :D

• 3 weeks later...

You jetsetter Neo!! I was just enjoying uour Chicago tours.

I love your architectural photography. Nicely framed, crystal clear and able to see enough detail to enjoy! Yay!

...and Charlotte seems to have very nice architecture too! I can't see one speck of litter. Cool!

Must check out the other tours! B)

I can't wait for Seattle and London!! I was hoping to go to Seattle this summer, but it looks like that's not going to happen. :( Oh well, I'm broke and entering an expensive private college in the fall...I should probably be working anyway.

Archived