Best Cities for Teleworking

krazeeboi

According to Sperling's Best Places (which gave us Cities Ranked and Rated in which Columbia ranked #50 among 400 metro areas), Columbia ranks 5th among small metro areas (which appears to be metros <1M) when it comes to teleworking, which was defined as "an advanced form of telecommuting which goes beyond simply allowing employees to work from home or an alternative location a couple of days a week and instead enables them to work at any time or place that allows them to successfully complete their work. In short, it means bringing the work to the worker instead of the worker to the work." More great news for our Capital City. :thumbsup:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of government offices are surprisingly good about offering telecomutting, as my workplace offers. In fact I met someone at a conference that lives in Columbus GA but works for Wyoming DOT!

I would imagine the number of government offices might help Columbia's ranking...

Archived