Hartley Stations (Macon's 7th New Lifestyle Center)

dougtha1

Yet another Lifestyle/"Strip Center" is under construction in South Macon just off of I-75 South on Hartley Bridge Road. Moon Family Properties is behind this 1.1 million sqft project. It will include 1,700 single family units, two to four story condos, and apartment community, retail, dinning, a midrise hotel, and office space. The development will be on both sides of Hartley Bridge Rd. and they have already begun turning dirt. Renderings should be available in a few weeks.

Does anybody else believe that these Lifestyle Centers may serve as a way to draw new residents to Bibb County and possibly fuel some extremly positive growth for Macon-Bibb County?

retail1.jpg

office1.jpg

*Beter photos and renderings to come soon...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know my family hates this. We live kind of close and this is the last thing we want out towards Lizella.

I think Lizella is a prime residential area with a lot of potential, but commercial development should be happening closer to the Macon city limits imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update from the Telegraph:

Columbus-based company wants to turn about 1,100 acres of undeveloped land into a $490 million mega-development in south Bibb County.

The project's plans call for construction of 1,700 homes as well as a grocery store, restaurants, medical offices and a movie theater, according to documents filed with the Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission.

Moon Family Properties has plans to develop the project - called Hartley Station - within the next seven to 10 years, said Steve Smith, the company's chief financial officer.

The development also would include spots for three hotels, a home improvement center, an elementary school and several hundred acres for green space and parks, Smith said.

The project, which still needs zoning approval, is at Hartley Bridge Road and Interstate 75.

• 4 months later...

Hear is an d update on the south Bibb/macon area Development projects.

South Bibb subdivision expansion includes commercial development

By Linda S. Morris

TELEGRAPH STAFF WRITER

Developers of a south Bibb County subdivision plan to add 100 homes and more than 300,000 square feet of commercial space if planning commissioners rezone the property.

The property is located on the north and south sides of the existing Quail Ridge subdivision on Houston Road. Three separate rezoning proposals are being sought for property at the southeast intersection of Houston and Walden roads, the 700 block of Houston Road and the 3800 block of Walden Road at its intersection with Sardis Church Road.

Zoning commissioners are expected to hear the rezonings and a conditional-use permit allowing the single-family cluster development during Monday's Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission meeting.

The applications to rezone the property:

• 1 month later...

They have currently began construction on I-75/475 split and it is being reworked on a much larger scale, I wonder how long will it be before they start construction on the I-75/16 split and Moon properties Inc. have cleared lots land for construction on Hartley Bridge Rd...

is there a website for this project? I cant seem to find one. Im curious as far what the plan is for this interchange. I looks pretty extensive.

is there a website for this project? I cant seem to find one. Im curious as far what the plan is for this interchange. I looks pretty extensive.

Well, sometime the the Georgia Department of transportation has project layouts for Ga's interstates and highways at www.gdot.gov, i think that the correct address...

• 2 months later...

Hartley Station On track in south Macon/Bibb County

Three fast-food restaurants, a convenience store, drug store, auto parts store, a bank and two hotels have committed to be part of a $500 million mixed-use development in south Bibb Countyoff of Hartley bridge rd.The businesses that have committed to the project are Zaxby's, Flash Foods/Dairy Queen, McDonald's, CVS/pharmacy, Advance Auto and Atlantic Southern Bank and 2 Hotels.

The project once completed will cover 1300 acres of Hartley Bridge Rd west of I-75; 1700 houses, 455,500 sq ft of commercial space and 176,00sq ft. of office space.

http://www.macon.com/102/story/47738.html (article)

Macon/bibb County Developments are creeping north and south...Way to go! Growth! Growth!

• 2 months later...

Yet another Lifestyle/"Strip Center" is under construction in South Macon just off of I-75 South on Hartley Bridge Road. Moon Family Properties is behind this 1.1 million sqft project. It will include 1,700 single family units, two to four story condos, and apartment community, retail, dinning, a midrise hotel, and office space. The development will be on both sides of Hartley Bridge Rd. and they have already begun turning dirt. Renderings should be available in a few weeks.

Does anybody else believe that these Lifestyle Centers may serve as a way to draw new residents to Bibb County and possibly fuel some extremly positive growth for Macon-Bibb County?

retail1.jpg

office1.jpg

http://www.moonfamilyproperties.com/images...salescharts.gif

I think this is actually already happening... It looks like the Sub-South & Sub-West areas are growing fastest...

maconhomesalescharts.gif

http://www.moonfamilyproperties.com/images...salescharts.gif

I think this is actually already happening... It looks like the Sub-South & Sub-West areas are growing fastest...

maconhomesalescharts.gif

Im sure that the East Macon numbers are obscuring the North Macon numbers. North Macon is exploding at an equally mid boggling speed as South Bibb.

Im sure that the East Macon numbers are obscuring the North Macon numbers. North Macon is exploding at an equally mid boggling speed as South Bibb.

This graph shows a growth in Inventory over last year. Meaning regardless of east or north Bibb, the inventory of new construction homes has slowed, where the number in south Bibb has grown. Keeping in mind that the graph shows a percent of growth. That's a way of 'leveling the playing field' researcher often use. It's a way of identifyiing 'emerging' markets. So it could be incongruous from what you're seeing on the ground. If 1 house was built last year, and this year 2 houses are built, for example, that's a 50% increase. So physically, more numbers could be showing up in north Bibb, but I think what this graph shows a shifting momentum, if that makes sense.

retail1.jpg

office1.jpg

A couple of new images for you... I personally would have liked to have seen something a little different for this side of town to set it apart from all the other ho-hum developments, but these are nice too... I guess

11F3F510-A1B3-4DD3-95CA-DC814D304700_or.JPG

27E48CC2-4F29-4338-BD95-444A96E31D5A_or.JPG

i can't believe this is number 7. Do y'all think Macon is being over built with these lifestyle centers?

I don't know about over built. But I would like to see something of a true mixed-use development. With residential over retail, etc.

A couple of new images for you... I personally would have liked to have seen something a little different for this side of town to set it apart from all the other ho-hum developments, but these are nice too... I guess

I don't know about over built. But I would like to see something of a true mixed-use development. With residential over retail, etc.

There was rumors of a super target and movie theater coming to the hartley Station projects...

I like to see more residential high rise living in macon Hotel/condo developments, and new retail market instead of dupicates.... Maybe it on the way? Is this development above under construction now?

There was rumors of a super target and movie theater coming to the hartley Station projects...

I like to see more residential high rise living in macon Hotel/condo developments, and new retail market instead of dupicates.... Maybe it on the way? Is this development above under construction now?

No, I've seen the McDonalds and Zaxby's is starting construction. But not the shopping center yet. A Super Target would be great. Didn't that Target on Eisenhower just open though? Is it usually busy. I rarely get by there anymore.

No, I've seen the McDonalds and Zaxby's is starting construction. But not the shopping center yet. A Super Target would be great. Didn't that Target on Eisenhower just open though? Is it usually busy. I rarely get by there anymore.

Yeah it was just built a few years ago, but its still busy i think macon needs 1 or 2 more locations....that puts Macon at the 5th Zaxbys location counting to one being built off of zebulon rd. and I think 10th Mc Donalds location counting the one under construction on bass rd.

Yeah it was just built a few years ago, but its still busy i think macon needs 1 or 2 more locations....that puts Macon at the 5th Zaxbys location counting to one being built off of zebulon rd. and I think 10th Mc Donalds location counting the one under construction on bass rd.

The Mc Donalds on Bass Rd. is open. I ate there today. Its nicer than most sit down restaurants in Macon. They have flat screens and very trendy furniture, a small fireplace inside, and a really cool playground for the kids. They also have their own flat screen out there too. Sponge Bob was on. lol

Wasn't a Super Target supposed to be located in the commercial development planned for Houston Road near Sardis Church Rd?

I don't know i just heard that a super target was coming to Macon and it was going up near the hartley bdg. Rd. area... i don't know it that tru or not and also there was talks of one going to north area...

Archived