Hartley Stations (Macon's 7th New Lifestyle Center)

dougtha1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Cemetery issue - That land was available for purchase. If the cemetery was so important to that family, they could have purchased the land. GA Law says the family has to be contacted before remains can be transferred. No family had visited those graves in decades. Now, all of a sudden that family is so concerned... right. I smell people fishing for dollars.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found some new info on Hartley Station.

http://www.sofrangroup.com/pdf/Macon%20GA%...y%20Station.pdf

It's impressive in scale, but I wish they wouldn't have picked such a, I don't know, (yawn) traditional architecture. It looks like every other thing everywhere else. These guys should go to some other towns and look at some other more interesting things being done.

I wish they wouldn't have picked such a, I don't know, (yawn) traditional architecture. It looks like every other thing everywhere else. These guys should go to some other towns and look at some other more interesting things being done.

Do you mean the layout is too traditional? Or are you basing that on the project's clock tower logo? Because I didn't see any pictures of the architecture, although I would certainly love to. What's the site look like now? I live in Milledgeville and haven't seen that part of macon in months.

here is the latest rendering.

it is on page five.

http://www.thesummitgroupmacon.com/listing...ing_pdf/262.pdf

thanks for that. you're right, it looks like everything else. it looks so much like eisenhower crossing it's scary, but then again hartley station is being built by the same company that built e.c., sofran group. I still wish they'd make it a little different, maybe to give south macon an architecture of its own, to kind of differentiate it from north macon.

• 3 months later...

thanks for that. you're right, it looks like everything else. it looks so much like eisenhower crossing it's scary, but then again hartley station is being built by the same company that built e.c., sofran group. I still wish they'd make it a little different, maybe to give south macon an architecture of its own, to kind of differentiate it from north macon.

Any progress or updates on this project..........Hartley Station

Publix looks to break ground jan 2010.CVS has open and construction on the gas station/DQ has started and I think construction on Advance Auto has started.did read were the developer his going to focus more on the commercial development and hold off on the residental.Chic-fil-a is waiting for it to get more bulit up before they will commit.

Publix looks to break ground jan 2010.CVS has open and construction on the gas station/DQ has started and I think construction on Advance Auto has started.did read were the developer his going to focus more on the commercial development and hold off on the residental.Chic-fil-a is waiting for it to get more bulit up before they will commit.

Great, Holding off the residential projects, i wonder if that includes the apartment complexes too. So publix is scheduled to break ground in 2010 is that the same for the theater too.

Great, Holding off the residential projects, i wonder if that includes the apartment complexes too. So publix is scheduled to break ground in 2010 is that the same for the theater too.

From what I understand about apartment complex the land has been sold to an apartment developer.haven't heard anything about the movie theater.As far as Publix this is the order the plan on opening 4 stores in the area

Perry-open

Bass road Macon-opening summer 2009

Watson bld Warner Robins-early 2010

Hartley Station Macon-late 2010-early 2011

From what I understand about apartment complex the land has been sold to an apartment developer.haven't heard anything about the movie theater.As far as Publix this is the order the plan on opening 4 stores in the area

Perry-open

Bass road Macon-opening summer 2009

Watson bld Warner Robins-early 2010

Hartley Station Macon-late 2010-early 2011

Oh ok!!!! thats good.... from the site plans there supposed to be two apartment complexes in this project.

Archived