Spring Meetup

PBJ

Ok folks, we've been talking and were wondering if there's an interest in a Spring meetup someplace. Thinking late april/early may. This is the 1st of probably 2 or 3 threads about this, we'll see if there interest, then vote later on a time/place. We're just trying to see if there's any interest, when you'd like to do it, where you'd like to meet, and any ideas you may have for things to do.

New folks, we've done these in the past, and they're usually pretty fun. Last time we had about 15 people get together at McFaddens. There also has been a meetup where Eric (Terra Firma) was kind enough to let us tour his buildings on Grandville. I would like to see if anyone (new or old) would like to maybe setup a "pre-meeting" to tour some buildings or something. If you have any specific ideas leave em here, or PM me or PM Jeff (GRdad) if it's something to be discussed in private.

We'll go from there.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about adding Graydon's Crossing to the list again of potential meet up places? I ate their for the first time last Friday and it was quite good; huge drink menu. They were really busy but I think that the upstairs section accepts reservations.

Ok folks, we've been talking and were wondering if there's an interest in a Spring meetup someplace. Thinking late april/early may. This is the 1st of probably 2 or 3 threads about this, we'll see if there interest, then vote later on a time/place. We're just trying to see if there's any interest, when you'd like to do it, where you'd like to meet, and any ideas you may have for things to do.

New folks, we've done these in the past, and they're usually pretty fun. Last time we had about 15 people get together at McFaddens. There also has been a meetup where Eric (Terra Firma) was kind enough to let us tour his buildings on Grandville. I would like to see if anyone (new or old) would like to maybe setup a "pre-meeting" to tour some buildings or something. If you have any specific ideas leave em here, or PM me or PM Jeff (GRdad) if it's something to be discussed in private.

We'll go from there.

Sign me up.

Most weekends work for me.

Weekend that doesn't work out, though:

*May 5 - 7

You might be surprised who all is in this crowd localtalent :whistling:

Do we have to wait until May? That's a long way off.

Well I said late april OR EARLY may. I figure it'd take at LEAST 2 weeks to get something planned.... Throw out dates and we'll figure it out

I'd love to do it if you would accept someone outside of the development/construction business. All I have to offer is a love for Grand Rapids.

I'm in no way involved with developement or construction and I've always had fun :thumbsup:

Well I said late april OR EARLY may. I figure it'd take at LEAST 2 weeks to get something planned.... Throw out dates and we'll figure it out

I'm in no way involved with developement or construction and I've always had fun :thumbsup:

What about the weekend after Easter? People will be back from Spring Break by then. I like the Graydon's Crossing idea. I wonder if we can get a tour of the old Monroe Filtration Plant?

I be able to do midafternoon on weekends in May June. A 3'oclock sounds good. I'll be there in full force passing around my promotional materials. Buy Amway not because it's from me, but because it's the American Way.

I'm coming to the Spring meet-up, wherever or whenever it's held.

Groundrules:

1. No carping about the minimum wage "raise."

2. No slavish worshipping of city "benefactors."

3. No mentions whatsoever of Scamway, Alticrap, or any other of its various nefarious pyramidal guises.

Other than that. let's drink and have fun!

Oh, and, scooterists drink for free. Yeah.

I'll go if I can. I'm a gvsu student, but I'll be transfering to Eastern for next year, so this is my only chance. A tour of something sounds fun :D

Off the top of my head I don't know when my semester ends, but I know it's sometime at the end of April, so sooner would be better than later. Easter weekend isn't that good either.

Archived