Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

BSA's call center just off of Pleasantburg and I-385 is expected to add over 60 new jobs this year.

Also, United Parcel Service's call center in Greenville is expected to add over 100 new jobs this year.

Just thought I'd move this over here to get some sort of idea of growth and a total... :)

Just thought I'd move this over here to get some sort of idea of growth and a total... :)

Is this the BSA as in "We don't make the light bulb, we make it brighter" "We don't make the jet ski, we make it faster", etc. Didn't know they had a presence here. Good news! :thumbsup:

I thought that was BSAF. :P I'm not sure what "BSA" is, myself. Anyone care to clue us in?

You're thinking of BASF? BSA is a call center for IBM.

Is this the BSA as in "We don't make the light bulb, we make it brighter" "We don't make the jet ski, we make it faster", etc. Didn't know they had a presence here. Good news! :thumbsup:

BASF has a large presence in Pickens County. :shades:

• 3 weeks later...

The article on Cliffs at Mountain Park said that project would add over 900 jobs, but not sure I understand the breakdown. Did they roll construction jobs, golf course management (ongoing) and retail jobs from the village component together? Anybody have a more clear view of this?

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS! There needs to be a good road, like an interstate, to connect Greenville with this area of the county. The article mentioned TR trying to keep the residents from going to Hendersonville and staying in SC... It'd be a great way to connect this area to downtown and would make it even more appealing! I don't know what, but there needs to be a road that has exits, not red lights that connects the two areas!

anyway, SC's largeset county just keeps getting larger and more jobs just keep coming! I LOVE IT!

I disagree there. A freeway does not necessarily mean major development will take over. As of today, U.S. 25 is a major truck route into and out of Greenville to the North. Everyone traveling to Asheville or the mountains beyond use 25 as well. It is just too bogged down and promotes more suburban sprawl. It would be nice to have a freeway with very few interchanges between TR and Hendersonville. Imagine how much faster trips to and from Asheville would be.