Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

• 5 weeks later...

After 57 years in business, Bonnie Brae Golf Course is closing. Will be interesting to see if the other courses in the area see a boom from fewer options. Legacy Pines, Lakeview and Carolina Springs could all see some small benefit. Also wonder what will happen on this site. Hopefully it's not just another 4 subdivisions...

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/money/2018/06/19/after-57-years-greenvilles-bonnie-brae-golf-course-shut-down/714061002/

• 6 months later...

The combined companies were expected to generate $3.9 billion in annual net revenue and become the largest private employer in South Carolina with more than 28,000 health care workers and 2,800 physicians.

How big would Prisma have to become to be a Fortune 500 Company? Or is that even theoretically possible? 

Edited by gman430

This is pretty awesome to see: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/scotland-based-company-opens-first-us-office-in-greenville/

Scotland-based business opening their first US office in downtown Greenville. Hopefully they find a lot of success and grow their operations here! They had some pretty nice compliments about the City and its people. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I wonder how the BB&T / SunTrust merger will affect Greenville..?  Or should I say Mauldin :rolleyes:

Not sure yet what it might mean for us, but it will certainly have an affect on Winston Salem, Atlanta, and Charlotte as the new HQ will be in Charlotte.

10 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The Sun Trust building only has a branch location of Sun Trust as it is.   i guess the BB&T offices in ONE would hold any local management, as they are probably still in a lease there.  

I'm more interested in BB&T's mortgage servicing division that is moving to Mauldin and hoped to house 600 employees.

However, you make a good point: this could be a great opportunity for redevelopment of the ground floor of the current SunTrust building to transition to retail. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by GvilleSC

Hopefully the Mauldin operation stays open. Considering it is like 1 year old and I imagine they are in a 10 year or more lease, I would think it would probably survive.  

The entire Sun Trust building needs a refresh and I agree the ground floor should especially be revamped to be primarily retail.   Maybe once CAP finishes with Camperdown, they will focus on this block.   

I figure Greenville Economic Developments forum was the right place to bring up Opportunity Zones. Haven’t seen much discussion on what the anticipated impact will be but much of the CBD and the west end down through the village is a designated OZ. 

Any thoughts on what this will spur?  My understanding is that most OZ funds are just launching and the ‘wave’ of acquisition would be in the back half of the year. 

PPG Announces Investment in S.C. Facility

PPG has announced a $10 million investment in a new, 82,000-square-foot facility and class A paint line at its Greenville, S.C., coatings services facility. Scheduled for completion in Aug. 2019”

https://www.apnews.com/01aaa349c96e4041bbd0909a634e7baa

Edited by GVLover

Clemson and GE Partnering on Advanced Manufacturing for CUICAR Deep Orange Program and other projects here in Greenville.

http://newsstand.clemson.edu/mediarelations/clemson-ge-power-push-advanced-manufacturing-forward-at-additive-manufacturing-lab-in-greenville/

I went to the reception today here at the Advanced Manufacturing Works (AMW) on our campus off Garlington Road. There were about 200 attendees all with a great anticipation to the potential of the partnership. As a GE employee for the entirety of my (short) 8 year career so far, I am excited to see my employer and my alma mater become stronger partners for the benefit of both parties and Greenville as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...