Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

That would be an excellent corporate name to add to the area. What division of Samsung?

Not sure. It's the first TBA in the newest issue of the Greenville Journal. The TBA said Project Teal is going to be a regional headquarters for Samsung and create 1,000 new jobs.

Edited by citylife

I don't think either of you are right. Check out #3 on this agenda as to why:

http://www.mauldin.govoffice.com/vertical/...2A966CC3%7D.PDF <ahttp://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_whistling.gif' alt=':whistling:'> However, several sites in the county are being considered for this facility according to this article so it's possible it could still go downtown: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs..../808270319/1003

Edited by citylife

I don't think either of you are right. Check out #3 on this agenda as to why:

http://www.mauldin.govoffice.com/vertical/...2A966CC3%7D.PDF <ahttp://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_whistling.gif' alt=':whistling:'> However, several sites in the county are being considered for this facility according to this article so it's possible it could still go downtown: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs..../808270319/1003

Didn't the City of Greenville approve some incentives, too? I don't think anyone is claiming to be right, it's all just speculation. I'd bet a site at Millennium Campus before downtown if it's in the City of Greenville...

Didn't the City of Greenville approve some incentives, too? I don't think anyone is claiming to be right, it's all just speculation. I'd bet a site at Millennium Campus before downtown if it's in the City of Greenville...

I tend to agree. The best-case scenario would be for them to have some administrative/white collar jobs downtown and some of the more blue collar jobs in the 'burbs somewhere.

I tend to agree. The best-case scenario would be for them to have some administrative/white collar jobs downtown and some of the more blue collar jobs in the 'burbs somewhere.

If my memory is correct, wasn't Project Teal the project that would have 1,000 employees in one Greenville area location and 500 employees in another Greenville are location?

If my memory is correct, wasn't Project Teal the project that would have 1,000 employees in one Greenville area location and 500 employees in another Greenville are location?

No. It was originally reported that the project would create 500 jobs but then it got changed to 1,000 jobs. We have a very good chance of landing Project Teal which is a Samsung call center and possibly a new regional headquarters. The call center will be located next to Charter Communications on I-385 in Mauldin. The land is currently owned by Phil Hughes. The competing city that we are up against the most to land this is Austin, Texas. I don't know where the regional headquarters will be located or if it will be part of the call center. My guess is the latter.

Edited by citylife

No. It was originally reported that the project would create 500 jobs but then it got changed to 1,000 jobs. We have a very good chance of landing Project Teal which is a Samsung call center and possibly a new regional headquarters. The call center will be located next to Charter Communications on I-385 in Mauldin. The land is currently owned by Phil Hughes. The competing city that we are up against the most to land this is Austin, Texas. I don't know where the regional headquarters will be located or if it will be part of the call center. My guess is the latter.

For a suburban location, that is an excellent choice. :thumbsup:

Maybe an additional 1,000 cars driving on that portion of 385 will speed up the process of widening the interstate there... :rolleyes: Hopefully the HQ would go downtown since the City of Greenville and Mauldin have both passed incentives.

I don't think the City of Greenville has passed any incentives. I know Mauldin and Greenville County has though.

I don't think the City of Greenville has passed any incentives. I know Mauldin and Greenville County has though.

Any idea what the incentives are involve? Rebuilding the Bridges Road interchange perhaps?

I was just at Bloom off the Bridges Road exit and can't imagine the current exit taking the additional traffic Samsung would generate.

Any idea what the incentives are involve? Rebuilding the Bridges Road interchange perhaps?

I was just at Bloom off the Bridges Road exit and can't imagine the current exit taking the additional traffic Samsung would generate.

Tax incentives for the company. I don't know of any road improvements planned. Let's hope some are though. That area needs it.

Maybe an additional 1,000 cars driving on that portion of 385 will speed up the process of widening the interstate there... :rolleyes: Hopefully the HQ would go downtown since the City of Greenville and Mauldin have both passed incentives.

385's actually not an interstate; despite it's size, it's really only a 25-30 mile stretch of road.