Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

Project New Year. $23 million investment. To be located somewhere in the city of Greenville: http://www.greenvillecounty.org/County_Cou...solution_v4.pdf

Project Shepherd. $85 million investment: http://www.greenvillecounty.org/County_Cou...0resolution.pdf

Project Elephant. $27 million investment: http://www.greenvillecounty.org/County_Cou...0resolution.pdf

Hah, come on guys, 385 is definitely an interstate. Technically any 3 digit interstate designation that begins with an odd number is a spur (meaning it doesn't connect back to the interstate). SC has several of them... 126, 185, 385, 526, 585. The opposite are 3 digit designations that start with an even number.... these are roads that reconnect to the interstate (485 in Charlotte, 285 in Atlanta). There was a push for SCDOT to designate what is now known as "Business 85" in Spartanburg as 685 to get more people to use it as a bypass for the interstate... it never got enough support though.

There are obviously exceptions to this, but generally speaking those are the "rules."

Fluor continues to win projects and add high paying jobs to the Greenville market:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....STATESPORTS0220

This is not a totally new project, it was started by Goodyear Atomic back in the early '80's and shut down before becoming operational when the Government pulled the plug. Few years ago they started it back up and Fluor was hired to pick up where Goodyear left off so to speak.

"Project Teal" passed Mauldin Planning Commission's vote and the site at CenterPointe is being prepared for an "80,000-square-foot, single-story office building with about 646 parking spaces to be located on about 22 acres." Frankly I am disappointed in the plan to waste so much land in a high profile suburban office park with a single story sprawling building. The jobs will be very welcome though, assuming this happens as hoped.

"Project Teal" passed Mauldin Planning Commission's vote and the site at CenterPointe is being prepared for an "80,000-square-foot, single-story office building with about 646 parking spaces to be located on about 22 acres." Frankly I am disappointed in the plan to waste so much land in a high profile suburban office park with a single story sprawling building. The jobs will be very welcome though, assuming this happens as hoped.

The last sentence in that article seems to say that the project will happen. They wouldn't start grading and tree removal if there was any doubt. I am also disappointed in the site plan. I was hoping for something along the lines of the new Carolina First campus, not a single story building. The jobs will be nice though.

That's extremely disappointing about the building. That's going to be a lot of hardscape, between the roof of the building and the parking lot. Is Mauldin to blame for this? Are they hungry enough for jobs and exposure that they're willing to take anything in any form?

Seen the economy lately? ;) I would think the answer is yes.

The last sentence in that article seems to say that the project will happen. They wouldn't start grading and tree removal if there was any doubt. I am also disappointed in the site plan. I was hoping for something along the lines of the new Carolina First campus, not a single story building. The jobs will be nice though.

Any idea where in this development the building will be? Fronting 385 beside Charter? Behind Charter? Fronting Bridges?

1,000 jobs will definitely be nice but the single level building is poor, poor planning. I've always viewed the Bridges interchange (with it's availability of land and midpoint location between downtown and Simpsonville) as the interchange to be able to "get it right"......build some density......urban development in the suburbs....etc. Planning at Bridges should do everything right that Woodruff (lack of planning) did wrong.

Any idea where in this development the building will be? Fronting 385 beside Charter? Behind Charter? Fronting Bridges?

1,000 jobs will definitely be nice but the single level building is poor, poor planning. I've always viewed the Bridges interchange (with it's availability of land and midpoint location between downtown and Simpsonville) as the interchange to be able to "get it right"......build some density......urban development in the suburbs....etc. Planning at Bridges should do everything right that Woodruff (lack of planning) did wrong.

The circular area between Holland/Walker Road and Centerpointe Blvd. is where it will go: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ce...=1&ct=image

The circular area between Holland/Walker Road and Centerpointe Blvd. is where it will go: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ce...=1&ct=image

Thanks. Glad to know this single story building is on the other side of Holland and not the 385 side.....somewhat hidden.

When this first came about, I had traffic concerns about Bridges. Now, in addition, I see major trafiic at the Holland/Butler intersection. The little short section of Butler between Holland/Butler and Woodruff/Butler really needs to be 4 lane.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...