Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

An Italian company SAATI is moving to the old Kemet plant in Fountain Inn. They make composite materials for protective armor, aerospace industry and race car bodies.

My link Awesome

Excellent news! Great to see another international company locate in Upstate. Working for an Italian company myself, I have pity on these people though..... :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this is interesting:

And, Harton said, as the new director of regional commercial banking South for TD Bank, he’ll pick up additional duties supervising existing TD Bank operations in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Florida.

“Clearly, this is a regional headquarters,” Harton said.

Asked if that might mean some actual growth in TD Bank operations in the Upstate, Harton smiled broadly, and cautioned that he didn’t want to get too far ahead of developments yet.

"There will be some announcements in the next few weeks relative to that,” he said. “Assuming the right incentives from the state, there is the possibility of new support operations.”

Source: http://www.gsabusine...o-td-bank?rss=0 So maybe Greenville will still have the largest bank in South Carolina and a headquarters at that.

Edited by citylife

Selling the new Carolina First campus on I-85, is currently 'on hold', per the Gville News. I wonder if TD might be a potential Washington Square tenant? They fit the profile of a big-project tenant.

Personally, I would like to see the I-85 campus stay on the market as a kure for another major HQ.

Letters of Intent have been signed for Washington Square with an announcement expected by the end of the year according to the Greenville Journal. There are definitely positives and negatives with leaving the I-85 campus on the "for sale" market.

Letters of Intent have been signed for Washington Square with an announcement expected by the end of the year according to the Greenville Journal. There are definitely positives and negatives with leaving the I-85 campus on the "for sale" market.

It sounds like we should be ending 2010 in Greenville with some very positive news. If TD Bank decides to keep operations in downtown, they've scored a big victory in the community relations department. :thumbsup:

I still wonder how exactly Washington Square is changing... Two towers, or one? Office and retail, or hotel as well? Residential component added?

GE announced today a new $170 million world-class gas turbine test facility for Greenville's manufacturing plant according to this news article: http://www.marketwat...nk=MW_news_stmp

That's exciting! It's at least some upfront construction jobs and possibly greater workload heading into Greenville's operations for GE, I'd think. :thumbsup:

That's exciting! It's at least some upfront construction jobs and possibly greater workload heading into Greenville's operations for GE, I'd think. :thumbsup:

I don't totally understand everything with the test facility, but apparently from talking with some people more in the know today, this will bring a great deal of additional business travel....people from many companies other than GE. From what I hear, this thing is a BIG DEAL.

Would like to know more and understand this more.

Any word on how much the project has changed since the original renderings? I know that the city plans for it to be mixed use, urban, and of dynamic architecture (all huge pluses), but I would like more specifics. I wonder if a hotel is still planned? This is going to pop. :thumbsup:

Any word on how much the project has changed since the original renderings? I know that the city plans for it to be mixed use, urban, and of dynamic architecture (all huge pluses), but I would like more specifics. I wonder if a hotel is still planned? This is going to pop. :thumbsup:

Hear! Hear! I think all of us are eager to see what we're finally going to get.

Those that are in the know are pretty tight-lipped. There will be at least 3 phases. 1A, 1B, and 2. I think 1A is mostly office with retail/restaurant as well. If there is a hotel involved, it would likely be in the 1B phase, but that is conjecture on my part based on the prior plans.

Locking down the financing is the last major hurdle, from what i gathered at the hearing at City Hall last week on Piazza Bergamo.

Let's just say getting TIC Properties to talk is like having a root canal done. Their lips are sealed like Fort Knox.

Those that are in the know are pretty tight-lipped. There will be at least 3 phases. 1A, 1B, and 2. I think 1A is mostly office with retail/restaurant as well. If there is a hotel involved, it would likely be in the 1B phase, but that is conjecture on my part based on the prior plans.

Locking down the financing is the last major hurdle, from what i gathered at the hearing at City Hall last week on Piazza Bergamo.

Thanks for the great info! :thumbsup:

I thought financing has been in place since the start of the project.

I'm confused as to how something on a site this small could really have three phases. I look forward to hearing more as to how they'd break it up...

It's almost an entire city block. Plus, I think the last phase might be on the existing parking lot bound by Washington,Laurens and Richardson. I seem to remember in the very earliest proposal, that was included too. If so, then it is well over a city block.

Edited by vicupstate

It's almost an entire city block. Plus, I think the last phase might be on the existing parking lot bound by Washington,Laurens and Richardson. I seem to remember in the very earliest proposal, that was included too. If so, then it is well over a city block.

A major development like this certainly would increase the demand for parking. The current parking lot and parking structure at Washington, Laurens and Richardson is not efficient use of prime real estate. A real, multiple-deck parking structure, with street-level retail space, would be excellent. Just my $0.02 worth.

Project Forest:

$2.5 Million manufacturing investment and 30 new jobs in northern Anderson County along I-85. Future expansion and a potential new joint industrial park are among the possibilities being discussed by Anderson and Greenville County officials.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/oct/02/anderson-county-consider-industrial-park-incentive/

Selling the new Carolina First campus on I-85, is currently 'on hold', per the Gville News. I wonder if TD might be a potential Washington Square tenant? They fit the profile of a big-project tenant.

Personally, I would like to see the I-85 campus stay on the market as a kure for another major HQ.

- The campus being sold is "on hold"...

- Lynn Harton states Greenville will be a TD Bank hub and additional jobs are probably on the way....

- For the last week, the 2nd largest building at the campus, which had been dark, had been lit at night and has some sort of internal activity going on.....

Hmmmm......