Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Some very cool information to be found in the City's $10mil Capital Improvements Budget. You can access it HERE

Some of the highlights other than the big ones mentioned in the G'news:

- Initial funding to develop phase 1 of the cultural corridor from Bi-Lo Center to Heritage Green, involves a road diet to 3 lanes, an urban trail. Phase I is from heritage Green to North Main. Excited about this.

- Phase I of the Rhett Street improvements

- Master plan for the Village in West Greenville aka Pendleton St Arts District.

- Corridor Improvements to Pete Hollis Gateway to coincide with future developments along there. A number of vacant properties here that are prime fo rdevelopment.

The old Greenville Fine Arts Center On Washington St is being turned into Legacy Charter School. I presume this is in addition to the Parker campus further down the road.

There is also big grading work going on at the vacant lot opposite the new Parker Fire Station out on Cedar Lane Rd. Not sure waht that is going to b eyet.

But dirt is turning and things are stirring. Good to see.

I like the cultural corridor information! I'm excited about what inventive ways the City must be looking at to achieve this connection!

If I remember correctly, Krazee likened this corridor to Gervais Street in Columbia. If Greenville can be successful, then Columbia should be able to take some notes and make some progress themselves on their 'similar situation'. Much like a Citadel professor was cited in the Post and Courier as saying about the Swamp Rabbit Trail: Greenville isn't afraid to take some risks. :thumbsup:

Re-routing the Swamp Rabbit to go under the River Street bridge is pretty neat too. My only concern with that is when there are heavy rains the river can come up pretty high so the water could rise above the path. Most people aren't out during heavy rains but it could cause some erosion. Some sort of wall between the path and river could help though.

Also really excited to see how they plan to connect the Bi-Lo Center and Heritage Green to Main.

Edited by p2y2r7o

I like the cultural corridor information! I'm excited about what inventive ways the City must be looking at to achieve this connection!

If I remember correctly, Krazee likened this corridor to Gervais Street in Columbia. If Greenville can be successful, then Columbia should be able to take some notes and make some progress themselves on their 'similar situation'.

I'm puzzled as to why Columbia is being mentioned here since nothing that was mentioned is directly relevant to it (nor do I recall making the comparison you speak of), but let's keep Columbia out of the discussion so as not to derail the thread. You may make mention of this in an appropriate thread on the Columbia forum if you wish.

Much like a Citadel professor was cited in the Post and Courier as saying about the Swamp Rabbit Trail: Greenville isn't afraid to take some risks. :thumbsup:

On a note, IMO, Greenville isn't affraid to take risk, but the city takes educated/calculated/well planned risks. Many cities take risk and fail.

I like all that I'm seeing here, but love the idea of the cultural corridor / road diet / urban trail. :yahoo: Should definitely be a model for others to follow.

I like all that I'm seeing here, but love the idea of the cultural corridor / road diet / urban trail. :yahoo: Should definitely be a model for others to follow.

Since I've been asked to more or less rephrase my post, let me try to say this in a non-offensive way: If Greenville succeeds, this road diet and upgrade of a major commuting route, will be a model for ANY city to examine and implement.

I am especially excited about the plan to finally replace the old pedestrian bridge over the Reedy River between Church and Cleveland.

The River Street underpass idea is intriguing, but I am interested to learn how will it avoid being flooded whenever the river rises after heavy rain.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the work across from the new Parker Fire Station on Cedar Lane Road is for a new Apartment Complex. It's called The Parker @ Cone. The architect is Martin Riley Associates and they do a fair bit of Multi-Family. I remember a couple of years ago that there was a proposal for an apartment complex near here in the GC Planning Department. Hopefully it'll be a good quality development.

Pharmaceutical Associates Inc. plans to expand its

Greenville County operations, with a $8.5 million investment that is expected to generate 15 new jobs.

The announcement was made this morning by the

Greenville Area Development Corp.

The company will expand its existing facilities,

which currently comprise 340,000 square feet, by

an additional 40,000 square feet to accommodate

growth and to optimize operations and workflow.

Renovations to the facility, located within the South

Carolina Technology and Aviation Center (SC-TAC),

are expected to be completed by the end of the first

quarter of 2012.

Pharmaceutical Associates plans $8.5 million expansion in Greenville

According to the latest edition of Greenville Journal, the former La Bastide will likely become a wellness center for The Cliffs Communities members. I really had hoped other investors would share the original developer's dream to create an accurate replica of a small French village in the countryside surrounding the inn and restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

In today's Gville News, on the front page, it has a teaser that a corporate HQ relocation to Greenville from Cleveland will be in Sunday's edition.

Anyone know anything?

Could this be an anchor for Washington Square ??

:dontknow: Maybe it involves Perceptis: http://www.prweb.com...rweb5246104.htm Notice their headquarters is currently in Cleveland and they just opened a major call center here.

Edited by citylife

Yep...it's Perceptis. Great to see they're moving corporate headquarters to downtown Greenville. :thumbsup: LOVE this from the CEO of the company:

Bill Bradfield, chief executive of Perceptis Inc., was considering four possible locations for his company’s headquarters and showcase call center when he experienced what he called a “perfect” weekend in downtown Greenville.

He remembered stepping onto Main Street from the lobby of the Westin Poinsett Hotel one Saturday morning last October with his wife and two other Perceptis executives and their wives.

"We walked out the door and it was 70 degrees and the sun was shining and it was getting warmer and there was a street festival going on,” Bradfield recalled.

Edited by citylife

Yep...it's Perceptis. Great to see they're moving corporate headquarters to downtown Greenville. :thumbsup: LOVE this from the CEO of the company:

Bill Bradfield, chief executive of Perceptis Inc., was considering four possible locations for his company’s headquarters and showcase call center when he experienced what he called a “perfect” weekend in downtown Greenville.

He remembered stepping onto Main Street from the lobby of the Westin Poinsett Hotel one Saturday morning last October with his wife and two other Perceptis executives and their wives.

"We walked out the door and it was 70 degrees and the sun was shining and it was getting warmer and there was a street festival going on,” Bradfield recalled.

Excellent news. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The power of our downtown and the geographic beauty of the area can never be underestimated.