Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

The energy company that is/was looking at Riverplace or Wells Fargo building is not in the Fortune 100 list for 2012 so it must be somebody else. Would be awesome if they decided to locate in phase 3 of ONE.

Edited by citylife

The energy company that is/was looking at Riverplace or Wells Fargo building is not in the Fortune 100 list for 2012 so it must be somebody else. Would be awesome if they decided to locate in phase 3 of ONE.

Sempra is the energy company and they're locating at Riverplace: https://www.sempra.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=644

I thought Phase III was just a hotel?

At least part of the building will be that according to the rumor mill. Not sure if the whole thing will be though.

Edited by citylife

Greenville Journal TBA:

A Fortune 100 company is said to be looking at fowntown for a large amount of office space.

Anyone know anything?

From what I understand, the company is not looking to place a headquarters, but simply a branch, like they have in numerous cities. Only 60 to 100 employees from what I hear, so no new high rise.

^^ How firm is this? Is it in the final stages toward an announcement, or are we in competition with other cities?

I didn't expect it to be anything other than a branch, a F100 HQ moving to a city the size of Greenville would be very rare.

With that many employees, I would expect this to go to the next phase of Riverplace or the One project (be it the under construction phase 2 or the potential phase 3).

^^ How firm is this? Is it in the final stages toward an announcement, or are we in competition with other cities?

I didn't expect it to be anything other than a branch, a F100 HQ moving to a city the size of Greenville would be very rare.

With that many employees, I would expect this to go to the next phase of Riverplace or the One project (be it the under construction phase 2 or the potential phase 3).

As far as I know, it is simply an additional location, so no, there is not competition. One other thing I'd like to point out......there are several retailers who are Fortune 100. I'm not saying I know it will be retail, because I don't. Just throwing that out to think about. That is all I know.

Phillips Staffing has relocated its corporate headquarters to downtown Greenville to accommodate growth in its recruiting, sales and marketing, and administrative operations.

The company’s new operations are at 55 East Camperdown Way, in the former Bowater Building, company officials and the Greenville Area Development Corporation said.

Company investment and future job additions in the expanded operations were not disclosed.

Today it is a full-service staffing, payroll management, professional placement and HR consulting firm with 75 staffers and close to 3,000 temporary employees on assignment for clients across the Southeast.

Edited by citylife

Phillips Staffing has relocated its corporate headquarters to downtown Greenville to accommodate growth in its recruiting, sales and marketing, and administrative operations.

The company’s new operations are at 55 East Camperdown Way, in the former Bowater Building, company officials and the Greenville Area Development Corporation said.

Company investment and future job additions in the expanded operations were not disclosed.

Today it is a full-service staffing, payroll management, professional placement and HR consulting firm with 75 staffers and close to 3,000 temporary employees on assignment for clients across the Southeast.

I like this move downtown. Very steadily, downtown office space is being absorbed.

• 4 weeks later...

Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, which operates solar, wind and natural gas power plants, has leased nearly 18,000 square feet of office space at RiverPlace, according to a news release from the Greenville office of Lee & Associates.

The subsidiary of publicly traded Sempra Energy is also involved with storing and distributing natural gas, according to the news release.

Is there any news or rumors regarding the Fortune 100 company that is looking to open a branch office downtown?

Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, which operates solar, wind and natural gas power plants, has leased nearly 18,000 square feet of office space at RiverPlace, according to a news release from the Greenville office of Lee & Associates.

The subsidiary of publicly traded Sempra Energy is also involved with storing and distributing natural gas, according to the news release.

What kind of daytime population will this inject into downtown? Any word on that?

Con-Pearl North America, a maker of lightweight recycled plastic boards, will establish a production facility in Greenville County. This will generate 51 new jobs over the next five years. The $14.25 million investment will be made in a facility at 6400 Augusta Road. Con-Pearl North America in October.

More info: http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/sep/14/con-pearl-north-america-facility-brings-51-jobs-gr-ar-4544283/