Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

14 minutes ago, GVLover said:

That's awesome that they'll be downtown. I can't read the article. Where will they be located? Do they currently have a presence downtown?

3 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

That's awesome that they'll be downtown. I can't read the article. Where will they be located? Do they currently have a presence downtown?

The article only says, and I quote:

The new location will be located on Pinckney Street downtown.”

This looks to be in one of the old warehouse type buildings to the right of Pete Hollis where the big bridge starts as you head out from downtown.  I wonder will they tear it down and build new or renovate.  Good to see investment in that area.

Does anyone know what is happening on this site (see attached, marked in red)? I drove by here recently and noticed a lot of construction activities ramping up. The entire property on the corner of Verdin Rd. & Brookfield Pkwy (just inside Mauldin city  limits) has been cleared,  site fencing is up and materials  are stored on site. 

Also on the attachment in blue, does anyone know of anything that might be planned for this large property on the corner of Tanner Rd & Verdin Rd? I’ve always imagined a well planned out mixed-use development to be successful here. 

2D12C4B7-4E79-4060-8946-2328876DFDF0.thumb.jpeg.6d395d908876d8d0fc050c0391fa1ed6.jpeg

Edited by Krugerdk

23 hours ago, Krugerdk said:

It looks like Greenville Senior Living LLC owns the property being developed, so I would guess a retirement home.  The blue area is still family land, so it could be a while before anything is developed there.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, wellen said:

It looks like Greenville Senior Living LLC owns the property being developed, so I would guess a retirement home.  The blue area is still family land, so it could be a while before anything is developed there.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) is moving its headquarters to Greenville from its current location in Seneca. The new spot will be located at 200 Verdae Blvd. + occupy 70,600 sq. ft. 

○ Edinburgh, Scotland ✈️➡️ Greenville, S.C.docs24 recently established their HQ at Endeavor right here in downtown GVL. The online marketing, business content, and brand management platform plans to hire more employees over the next three years + build a $5M business in Greenville.  

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) is moving its headquarters to Greenville from its current location in Seneca. The new spot will be located at 200 Verdae Blvd. + occupy 70,600 sq. ft. 

○ Edinburgh, Scotland ✈️➡️ Greenville, S.C.docs24 recently established their HQ at Endeavor right here in downtown GVL. The online marketing, business content, and brand management platform plans to hire more employees over the next three years + build a $5M business in Greenville.  

Both of these are nice to see! Is NCEES taking over the former CH2M building?

8 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Both of these are nice to see! Is NCEES taking over the former CH2M building?

Yes.

Just now, vicupstate said:

What happened with CH2M, I don't even remember.

They merged with Jacobs and moved to their offices on Butler Road.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With Greenville-resident Harton as the firm's CEO, speculation has arisen that UCB might leave its corporate headquarters in Georgia for a new home in the Upstate. UCB already has a significant presence in Greenville, which at last count included more than 200 employees. When asked about the possibility of a Palmetto State corporate relocation, Harton didn't rule out a move. 

A subsidiary of United Community Banks Inc., United Community Bank has "$12.7 billion in assets, and 149 offices in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee," according to recent announcement.

http://www.greenvillebusinessmag.com/2019/07/10/204503/-yeahthatagenda-ucb-expands-in-columbia-new-bmw-chief-executive-charlestons-insuresign-acquired-gsp-breaks-records-canada-to-allow-cannabis-edibles

52 minutes ago, gman430 said:

With Greenville-resident Harton as the firm's CEO, speculation has arisen that UCB might leave its corporate headquarters in Georgia for a new home in the Upstate. UCB already has a significant presence in Greenville, which at last count included more than 200 employees. When asked about the possibility of a Palmetto State corporate relocation, Harton didn't rule out a move. 

A subsidiary of United Community Banks Inc., United Community Bank has "$12.7 billion in assets, and 149 offices in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee," according to recent announcement.

http://www.greenvillebusinessmag.com/2019/07/10/204503/-yeahthatagenda-ucb-expands-in-columbia-new-bmw-chief-executive-charlestons-insuresign-acquired-gsp-breaks-records-canada-to-allow-cannabis-edibles

That would be significant and welcome! 

• Like 1