Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

• 3 weeks later...

19 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Could this be at CU-ICAR, or do you think it's closer to the airport/inland port?

Unfortunately I just found out it’s not a new facility but rather just new equipment being added to current BMW suppliers throughout the county that will total $46 million. 

1 minute ago, gman430 said:

Unfortunately I just found out it’s not a new facility but rather just new equipment being added to current BMW suppliers throughout the county that will total $46 million. 

That is disappointing, and seems a bit "creative" to receive benefits. Welp, good to know they're healthy and committed to their largest manufacturing facility. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Rumor has it Fluor might be relocating back downtown: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/fluor-has-no-plans-to-leave-greenville/

Well, that would be a welcomed move. However, you won't find me holding my breath. Hopefully they don't find other suburban addresses more tempting (looking at you, Bridgeway). 

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a great map showing where the opportunity zones are located: https://www.upstatescalliance.com/site-selection/opportunity-zones/ Expect lots of development and renovation projects to take place  in these areas over the next several years to take advantage of the tax incentives and savings. Portions of the West End, Village of West Greenville,  Nicholtown, Poinsett Highway corridor and the Pete Hollis gateway are all in the zone. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/sc-utility-pushes-to-make-customers-pay-for-k-move/article_dade1b72-4113-11ea-94bb-2bd5528a02b0.html

I didn't realize that this utility had relocated to downtown Greenville. They apparently really wanted to get out of the midlands.

Whoah, I'd say that this move is a really bone-headed mismanagement wasteful move.     If they're out of touch with their base now, they're guaranteed to be even more out of touch in the future.   (But they did end up in a nice location)