Over 700 construction workers will converge on Michigan Hill

GRDadof3

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting article. By 2008, over 700 construction workers will be working simultaneously on the Spectrum project, the Children's Hospital, and VAI - Phase II:

http://www.mlive.com/mbusinessreview/west/...l=12&thispage=1

Sounds like the city will set up a DASH pass for the workers. :thumbsup:

Thats a lotta worker bees... Whats it take to get a permit for sandwich cart in this city? :P

Though the builds have staggered start dates -- Christman's under way with its three-phase office, retail, hotel and parking project -- there will be significant overlap in the coming years.

I had heard hotel, but I thought it was just a rumor. It's a great idea!

Though the builds have staggered start dates -- Christman's under way with its three-phase office, retail, hotel and parking project -- there will be significant overlap in the coming years.

I had heard hotel, but I thought it was just a rumor. It's a great idea!

Wow! Nice catch mgreven. I too had heard hotel, but it sounds like it's real.

I am guessing the Hotel will be for people who are visiting the hospital for an extended period of time?

I think a hotel fits the vision I heard before for Grand Rapids, a Cleveland Clinic/Mayo clinic competitor. A health care destination.

There are two beautiful hotels that I am aware of on the Cleveland Clinic campus.

Archived