Visiting Boise

gs3

I'll be in Seattle in mid April for a week and plan to catch an early morning flight to Boise just for the day to check it out. I've heard really great things about Boise! Can anyone advise me on things to do in Boise? What are the highlights that I shouldn't miss? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright here is the rundown

Boise is a very outdoors activities oriented City

Things you could do are

-Go Skiing

-Bike the Greenbelt

You could also tour the Capitol, and take a walk downtown, catch a movie, grab a bite to eat, go through BoDo, some of the shops Downtown, or go visit a bar, since your flying in, that is what i would recomend. The capitol has a lot of interesting things about Idaho History, and there is an Art Museam in Julia Davis Park, as well as a Zoo

-You could also go see Boise State University, and its riverside campus.

i hope that is what you wished to find out

I'll be making a return trip the week of April 17. Last trip was great. Very impressed by the talk of the local gov't regarding their vision for the downtown area. Hopefully I can find a good infill project to work on and become part of that community.

As for things to do, loved skiing Bogus Basin (only 30 min. from downtown), Basque Block was great. Good independent and local restaurants and bars. Parks along the river are great for walking or biking. The historic neighborhoods have great homes (Hyde Park/Harrison St/Warm Springs Rd). Heard the hockey team is fun to watch. I look forward to my next trip!

• 4 months later...

I have a friend here in Tucson who will be in Boise in October for a few days for a conference, and will also be driving up to Sandpoint to see a friend.

Any other suggestions besides what's above? Too cold to do the outdoors stuff?

Any bars or brewpubs Downtown?

• 2 months later...

There are a tremendous number of bars in the downtown area, although this post is probably too late to matter. For micro-breweries, you should check out TableRock Brewpub - http://www.tablerockbrewpub.com or Highlands Hollow brewpub in the North End (my favorite) - http://www.highlandshollow.com. There are also a large concentration of bars in the 6th & Main area of downtown, and the Basque block directly behind it (Grove St. between Capitol Blvd and 6th St.)

Archived