Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim3167

Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

963 posts in this topic

I think it's time. Demo has begun on the existing structure so here we go!

32 story 367' mix use tower that will serve as the international headquarters of the Dynetech Corporation. Project includes:

150,000 sq. ft. office space

145 residential apartment units

9,000 sq. ft. retail and restaurant space

611 car parking garage

Rooftop pool and deck

Renderings

dyneastvert7ib.jpg

dynwestvert7pz.jpg

Site on 4/1/2006

dsc14858az.jpg

dsc14864mc.jpg

dsc14906yq.jpg

dsc14945bs.jpg

dsc14973in.jpg

while looking at the 1st and 2nd pic rendering........ does the road change in elevation or something? i always thought of orlando being flat....lol

Yep, if you look at the second to last photo you can make out Washington street heading downhill. I think it's like an 11' grade difference from one side of the lot to the other.

wow, i gotta pay more attention when downtown. now that i look at the 2nd to last pic, it sure does look like it is downhill, but 11 ft? isnt that a little high?

wow, i gotta pay more attention when downtown. now that i look at the 2nd to last pic, it sure does look like it is downhill, but 11 ft? isnt that a little high?

It should be about that. If you parked your car on the bottom level, it was one story up to the second level. If you walked up the stairs, you were again at ground level.

so which side do they count the building height from? Magnolia or the street bordering the M?

Barriers were dropped off at the site today. These are to close westbound Washington from Palmetto to Magnolia. Closure was supposed to run today until 4/8.

dsc15089hq.jpg

I didnt realise dynetech was going to be right across the street from St. Lukes Cathedral.

so which side do they count the building height from? Magnolia or the street bordering the M?

This question must be the reason why they are listing the height from sea level.

while looking at the 1st and 2nd pic rendering........ does the road change in elevation or something? i always thought of orlando being flat....lol

hah. yup.. for downtown there's this "hill" on Washington and a "hill" on Hyer St. in thorton park. (And you thought Orlando was flat!) :lol:

Barriers were placed on Washington today. Also a small amount of demoltion has been done to the edge of the old parking deck. People are always working on this site now. This is awesome!!

Yeah, except that at the rate this project is shrinking, it's going to be 295' by the time it tops out. :(;)

this project is particular is huge, b/c its not condo-- its a corp. relocation (albeit from a few block or miles away); that's a big deal. its like CNL II was, to an extent.

this project is particular is huge, b/c its not condo-- its a corp. relocation (albeit from a few block or miles away); that's a big deal. its like CNL II was, to an extent.

There is something about a corporate highrise that is more exciting than condo.

This building would look so much sleeker if they'd get rid of those "saddle bags" on the lower half. Looks like a gal with a fat bottom. Oh well, too late to complain now.

This building would look so much sleeker if they'd get rid of those "saddle bags" on the lower half. Looks like a gal with a fat bottom. Oh well, too late to complain now.

baby got back!

"Little in the middle but she got much back!" [whip crack]

Great, I'll never see this building the same way again. Perhaps they will play it in the lobby,

Update 5/20/2006 - Demo of existing garage looks to be complete, no sign of foundation work as of yet.

dsc20228yw.jpg

dsc20243kr.jpg

dsc20251xe.jpg

dsc20264pw.jpg

It looks like the pile driving machinery is now on the site.

It looks like the pile driving machinery is now on the site.

Any news on dynetech?Any pics would appreciate an update

Any news on dynetech?Any pics would appreciate an update

The site pretty much looks like the last pics taken by Tim3167. Overall, the project is progressing well. Like the last post said, there is a lot of augercast placement going on, thats basically it.