Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

Tim3167

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may have nothing to do with Dynetech, but coming in on the turnpike to the 408 yesterday afternoon there were 3 semi-trucks each containing a piece of a tower crane that matched this bases color...

Hows that for insider info... :thumbsup:

It appears it did have something to do with Dynetech. Drove by this morning, numerous crane pieces lying around the site, looks like they were beginning to assemble the east crane.

Took a walk around Lake Eola this afternoon and it looks like stumpy is the way to build tower cranes these days. 55W is already having a big influence in downtown...

I didn't notice it on my weekly bikeride through downtown last night, and I rode right past it, so I guess that says something. VUE is absolutely a big reference point, not so much 55W and Dynetech (yet)....

I drove past the crane a while ago (got no life); its literally hugging the street, the lot is so small. where's the other crane going to go?

tell you what, DT is getting a whole lot denser. It will be a totally different place in 2 years. THe old guard of bldgs. will get lost in the shuffleof the new towers and new reference points in the skyline will solidify themselves. And that doesn't include project which haven't broken ground yet.

For the people that don't frequent DT, here is the first crane as of 2pm today...

from across Lake Eola

eolaview1ia2.jpg

Here are 2 pics from across the street at the corner of Magnolia and Washington. There was one support ready to add, one in the air hooked to the crane, and 4 more supports on the ground, so 6 more total to lift this thing up.

cranes1iq4.jpg

cranes2to5.jpg

These pictures inspired me to read HowStuffWork's article on tower cranes. I understand the physics of how they work but have always been confused on the specifics of how the crane "grows." For those of you who are also curious, check out the article here.

Archived