Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

Tim3167

For the people that don't frequent DT, here is the first crane as of 2pm today...

from across Lake Eola

eolaview1ia2.jpg

Here are 2 pics from across the street at the corner of Magnolia and Washington. There was one support ready to add, one in the air hooked to the crane, and 4 more supports on the ground, so 6 more total to lift this thing up.

cranes1iq4.jpg

cranes2to5.jpg

Thanks for the update and pics.Bout time to take a ride from Mt Dora and check everything out.How many cranes currently do we have working downtown anyone know?

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many cranes currently do we have working downtown anyone know?

Tower Cranes

55W = 2

Plaza = 1

Star Tower = 2

The Vue = 2

Dynetech = 1 (will be 2 shortly)

Just on the edge of downtown is Florida Hospital which has 2

Strictly in downtown, though, we have 8.

This does not include any mobile cranes. I know there is one of these at the Jefferson Street Garage and I think there are at least 2 working on I-4. I don't know how many total.

Tower Cranes

55W = 2

Plaza = 1

Star Tower = 2

The Vue = 2

Dynetech = 1 (will be 2 shortly)

Just on the edge of downtown is Florida Hospital which has 2

Strictly in downtown, though, we have 8.

This does not include any mobile cranes. I know there is one of these at the Jefferson Street Garage and I think there are at least 2 working on I-4. I don't know how many total.

extended Orlando tower cranes:

FH Altamonte = 1

Blue Heron2 = 1

Westin Imagine = 1

Reunion Grande = 1 (had 2)

*LBV Res & Spa3??? = (maybe a tower crane; definitely mobile (it is 15 stories))

*Emerson Plaza2??? = (mobile)

*FH Lake Underhill??? = (see above)

*Wellesley??? = (had 1, but maybe gone now)

*Veranda Park Residences??? = (see above)

Landmark WP = 1 (tower crane with a hinge; maybe mobile?)

*Douglass Grande WP??? = (see above)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good after seeing it yesterday. Second tower crane base looks like it will be put into place this week. Someone asked where it was going at one point: it is in the SW corner of the property (Washington and Magnolia.

Other than that the foundation is taking shape nicely including the grade beams. North side colums have resteel and will be formed up this week.

All in all its looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

Crown faces Lake Eola. The other information I have posted the answers to in previous posts on this thread. Currently keeping track of too many jobs at this point to give you a correct answer. If its not there let me know and I'll find you an answer.

No real construction updates other that what you can see from the streets. Next step is to pour the foundation (taking place soon). Other than that, standard higrise construction progress.

Definetly had jobs mixed up. The vehicle entry is on Palmetto. The main residential entry is on the north side (Washington St.). The retail is obviously on the SW side (Magnolia and Washington).

Before someone asks, because I know I would if I didn't know, there are five elevators in the tower. Two seperate ones for the residents and two for the office units. Not sure that anyone cares, but there it is.

Definetly had jobs mixed up. The vehicle entry is on Palmetto. The main residential entry is on the north side (Washington St.). The retail is obviously on the SW side (Magnolia and Washington).

Before someone asks, because I know I would if I didn't know, there are five elevators in the tower. Two seperate ones for the residents and two for the office units. Not sure that anyone cares, but there it is.

Thanks! I care because I cannot wait to see this one peaking into our skyline.

I love this buildings design i just wish it was another 75-100 ft taller, imo it would be the perfect building and location to trump suntrust's height, because looking from directly east or west its in the center of downtown. Orlando will look like a serious place when this ones done.

good point. Dynetech will be the tallest commercial structure (w/ resid. element of course) built out of this wave. PTP South is the current title holder.

I love this buildings design i just wish it was another 75-100 ft taller, imo it would be the perfect building and location to trump suntrust's height, because looking from directly east or west its in the center of downtown. Orlando will look like a serious place when this ones done.

I totally agree. This would have been a great design for a new tallest. You're absolutely correct about it appearing to be the center of town, skyline wise.

Archived