Renovation on Monroe

mgreven

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay, the "breezeway" is the only thing I think I have a complaint about. And the big SUBWAY sign just sitting on the ground now. I know it sounds bad, but the breezeway only serves to hide the retail behind a fancy wall, which isn't exactly the best situation to put yourself into.

No I do remember hearing that none of the retailers wanted to pay for the "extension" to fill in the gap between the breezeway and the main doors, but I'm starting to wonder if having the tenants pay for such an extension was a good idea after all.

Seems like the least they could do is add a door into the breezeway in front of each store.. making it into a shared double-entrance like at Meijer or something.

I'm also not thinking the current subway sign will even fit.. I'm guessing they're awaiting a new sign.

But I must say, I absolutely love this building.. it looks fantastic.

Personally, I think it's great that they added more square footage, pushing the building closer to the street. Breezeway's are not a bad idea in my opinion as it dampens the arctic blast that occurs when the door is open a thousand times. If visibility is a problem, Subway should probably just pay the extra rent so they can add posters and such to the window. If they choose not to and lose business because people don't think they are open, that falls into the bad business move category. If I were one of the tenants in this building I'd be thrilled to be in a newly renovated, slick looking building.

Joe

Any word on business moving into the storefronts where the Hallmark was? Is it just Subway and Founders in that building now? I've eaten at the Subway but not recently. Last I remember, they weren't too thrilled with the time the renovation was taking. Anyone bank with Founders? What's their take on things? At least their signs look sharp.

Ha! Quiznos is kind of expensive though, but they are delicious.

I love this building! Thanks Sparky.

• 2 months later...

Archived