Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonofaque86

Lower Richland Booms

13 posts in this topic

Just different clippings from The State newspaper articles today...The rest can be found from the links below...

The chaos is going to break out around us.

I really hate to see these developments stuck out from the city limits to become exclusive little communities and not become a part of the city. Richland County is ill equipped to handle city services and should not be expected to; that is a cities job. I'd like to see all new housing and commercial development either in the city or contingent to it with the understanding that as the development proceeds it will be a annexed into the city.

I know one of the articles said Richland County and the City haven't worked up annexation plans yet. They need to get on the ball and annex that land before its too late and it'll just be another NE Richland

Some of that land has already been annexed; late last year, the city annexed nearly 200 acres of the Burnside farm property on Garners Ferry Road, home to 2500-3000 residents with another 1,200 residences planned for the site.

I really hate to see these developments stuck out from the city limits to become exclusive little communities and not become a part of the city. Richland County is ill equipped to handle city services and should not be expected to; that is a cities job. I'd like to see all new housing and commercial development either in the city or contingent to it with the understanding that as the development proceeds it will be a annexed into the city.

Doug, I couldn

Well hopefully if we ever see this materialize, it will help some.

Thats awesome. I would really like to see that happen. There is essentially nothign going on at Garner's Ferry and Lower Richland today, right?

(make sure you check out p16)

That land off of Garners Ferry Road looks like they are starting to lay down pipes and start construction and stuff. I haven't been on that side of town in a while but its that old farm like 200 acres the city annexed like 2 years ago

^ Burnside's farm at the corner of Pineview and Garner's Ferry?? Is there any work going on at the McGregor farm?

^ Burnside's farm at the corner of Pineview and Garner's Ferry?? Is there any work going on at the McGregor farm?