Business Improvement District in the Gulch

smeagolsfree

Another article in this weeks NBJ.

There is talk of a BID (Business Improvement District) in the Gulch. This would supplement City services like security and also marketing for the business there. Do you think this is a good idea or bad? Many business are just now getting off the ground down there and IMO it may be a little too soon for this to happen. I dont know how well some of these business are doing. There is also the question that some of the older established business down there could be forced to move. I am talking of some of the business that were there before any of the urban renewal started. Is that a good thing or a bad thing to maybe force some of those businesses out? That was not addressed in the article but it is possible. I see the good points and the bad points of this proposal.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...4/03/story4.htm

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another article in this weeks NBJ.

There is talk of a BID (Business Improvement District) in the Gulch. This would supplement City services like security and also marketing for the business there. Do you think this is a good idea or bad? Many business are just now getting off the ground down there and IMO it may be a little too soon for this to happen. I dont know how well some of these business are doing. There is also the question that some of the older established business down there could be forced to move. I am talking of some of the business that were there before any of the urban renewal started. Is that a good thing or a bad thing to maybe force some of those businesses out? That was not addressed in the article but it is possible. I see the good points and the bad points of this proposal.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...4/03/story4.htm

I, for one, sure hope that The Station Inn doesn't get forced out of business. Those folks have hung around there for a long time and actually brought some of the nightlife to the Gulch that new businesses are adding to these days. It would be a shame for the pioneers to get killed off.

I, for one, sure hope that The Station Inn doesn't get forced out of business. Those folks have hung around there for a long time and actually brought some of the nightlife to the Gulch that new businesses are adding to these days. It would be a shame for the pioneers to get killed off.

I would have to concur with what you said. It would be a dirty shame if the original business' got moved out by this.

• 5 years later...

MDHA has begun a $444K streetscape project in the Gulch..

New sidewalks, street lighting, trees, etc. to match the south Gulch area.. along McGavock (bt 11th and 13th), and 12th Ave between Broadway and Demonbreun

The work has already begun.. crews were actually out there today.

I am very curious to see what they do with 12th Ave and its teeny tiny sidewalk along the side of Virago.

http://nashvillecity...ork-north-gulch

It's about time!

(I wasn't quite sure where to put this.. i came across this very old thread with the help of Google.. seems like a GBID sorta thing :))

Archived