What would you like to see?

wolverine

My architecture studio's deadline for our projects was moved from today (monday) to friday. Since I'm practically finished, that leaves me a week that's more open until Friday comes around. Is there anyplace in Ann Arbor you'd like me to go and take pictures? Please don't send me someplace stupid like southern Pittsfield or York township. Although, if the weather is nice, I wouldn't mind taking the bus to Ypsi. I'm just wondering if there is anything specific you want to see around Ann Arbor. Maybe it's a construction, a particular neighborhood, or something on campus. Let me know!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm....

I have quite a few request, so bare with me:

1. The large churches of Ann Arbor - the city looks to have quite a few.

2. The high schools - I always hear about Pioneer and the others, but have never seen them. I'd like to see if any of them are historic, as well.

3. Skyline shots from as far outside of downtown as you can get. With the topography of the area being so hilly, I'd imagine there are some pretty great views of the skyline (if even though it is relatively short) from outside of downtown (besides the one from the stadium that we've seen).

4. I'd like to see some more of the area around the State Street and Eisenhower Parkway. I know it's suburban, but there are a few modern towers, and some nice looking streetscapes.

5. UofM medical center - Mott, V.A...

6. Any natural shots of the Huron, Barton Pond...

Those are all great areas I can cover. I don't mind doing areas along Eisenhower. Although suburban, there is some buildings definitely worth photographing out there. I can post some Barton pond pictures I have already soon. I'm still trying to find the best places to photograph the skyline. The stadium is a good place, but it gets so stretched. Anywhere else, lots of trees get in the way. I'm going to see if I can go up in Wolverine Tower for a distant skyline shot.

Barton Hills- i've never been there but suppost to be a very wealthy village, any nice old homes?

U of M north campus- I don't know anything about it, is there any interesting, old, large buildings / structures?

I seem to remember a good glimpse of the skyline from the north on M14, is there any other roads in that area or spots to get a clear view?

1. The neighborhood north of Geddes and south of the Huron River, east of the arb. Gorgeous homes.

2. The larger Victorian churches of Ann Arbor. Some candidates: St. Andrew's Episcopal, the Congregational church near campus, St. Thomas, the Baptist church near campus.

3. Pre-Civil War homes.

• 4 months later...

Archived