West Side - Bolton Rd Cooridore

atl_runner

I did a cursory search and didn't come up with much, but I did want to add some information I have on west side development. I've done a bunch of research and will eventually be moving into the VOTC community.

This post is limited to the Bolton Road, Hollywood, James Jackson corridor.

At first glance, the area can be listed as transitional at best. Very Mature, but in need of some infrastructure improvements as well as some dwelling updates. That however, is on the surface. Look below the surface and you will see a much different picture.

Whittier Mill

http://www.whittiermillvillage.org/

This is a designated historic district that happens to be a very vibrant community. Well kept homes and a historic designation guarantee this area will maintain it's integrity as the rest of the area explodes with new development. This is a very good thing as Whittier Mill is already a well maintained area.

Riverside

Riverside

One look at the website forum tells you a lot about this community. The people care. This is a neat area with Mature lots, being redeveloped at a fast pace. Lots of infill that maintians architectural integrity with the rest of the area.

Current and Future Developments.

1. Bolton Village. - Close to grading work start.

Bolton Village

This will be located at the corner of Bolton and James Jackson, Across from Vinings on the Chattahoochee and Whittier Mill.

2. Vinings on the Chatahoochee

This is a Winmark homes mixed use community of 147 SF homes and about the same amount of Townhomes. It will also have a jr olympic swimming pool. This communtiy is similar to Brockbuilt's Dupont Commons. Very nice craftsman style construction.

3. Hollywood and Main.

NPU-D just approved a townhome development for this intersection. My guess is that this intersection will eventually be the core of development on Atlanta's upper west side.

4. PATH - Approved, ready to begin.

PATH

Here is a link to a PDF where you can see that the PATH foundation is quickly moving forward on development of trails in this area. Eventually, this will connect to the core of Midtown as well as the Silver Comet. This is definitely moving forward soon.

Development overview Image:

Development Overview PDF

This image contains a general overview of developments which are in various stages of development.

I'll post more info as I get it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the name "Chattahoochee" is annoying enough!

Looks like some very cool developments for this overlooked part of Atlanta. I especially like the Bolton Village development. Ill have to head over to this section of town next time Im in Atlanta.

Archived