Welcome!

NCB

Hi guys! (and gals if there are any here)

My name's Mike. I'm a (semi) Baton Rouge native who moved around a lot and has called Red Stick home since graduating college and moving back here in 1994.

I never knew this forum existed until I Googled a development to see who owned it here in South Baton Rouge. And here I am. I was thrilled to find it! I'm a lover of construction, progress, and all that's good about Baton Rouge, including LSU Football. :) With background in the creative/marketing field, and experience in investing, remodeling and some construction, I think in another life I was a developer. (I swear the smell of saw dust and talk of planning floats my boat like little else.) 

I'm looking forward to staying in the loop on what's happening where and contributing where I can. I'm also in real estate and a lover of numbers, statistics and analytics. If you're wondering about some obscure numbers that MLS doesn't track, ask. I don't know why you would, but with the gaping holes our MLS system leaves in the area of reporting, I can imagine it happens.

Mike  :D

Edited by MykD
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Yes indeed! LOL! Nice work timelordnerd!  :thumbsup:  Right now I'd settle for that bright Silver Tower in the Center(btwn One American Place & Chase Towers) ...looks like the Devon Energy Tower in OKC(if OKC can pull off a 54-story tower; you'd figure BR could land something at least 1/2 size; 27-stories)... a few more of the other buildings would be nice as well.  There will always be a gap(on left side) bec of the Capitol Grounds.

For months was gonna revive an old thread pertaining to this subject...just never did...need to get my butt in gear!

Hey bigbuildings! Hope all is well & your absence is because your too busy designing a new high-rise tower...look forward with an update soon! :w00t:

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have been following this Baton Rouge thread for about 3 years and look forward to seeing all the new development that everyone post everyday. I am originally from New Orleans and have decided to stay in Baton Rouge after graduating from LSU in Landscape Architecture. My wife and I moved to Beauregard Town about 3 years ago and love the neighborhood and walking to everything downtown has to offer.

I really would like to start posting but I could use some tips on the best way to post articles and pictures. I have tried a couple of times and always get frustrated and just give up. Is the Tapatalk app easier to use than the web version? I use my iPhone to do everything.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Welcome!

I've never used Tapatalk. Using your phone for replying is fine but I'd use a computer or desktop view to post articles and pictures, because at least on my phone, it's hard to paste. You can also try typing out the post in a note app then pasting into the post editor.

If you're copying a picture from a website, you just have to click and copy the picture, then you can paste it in the editor but if you want to upload a picture you have to do it through an image upload website and copy/paste the URL.

Edited by dan326

Thanks everyone. The last I heard about that residential project few weeks back is that they are still updating the plans and that they are much better. There was a lot of backlash from the neighborhood with the initial drawings. It was all garage doors facing the street with very little esthetic value added to the neighborhood. I will post updates as I hear them.

Since I have moved into the neighborhood there is a growing interest with the old and new residents to better the neighborhood. We all started using the Nextdoor App and it makes it really easy for everyone to communicate. The Garden District also uses it and it has helped strengthen their community as well.