Welcome!

NCB

Welcome to the new Shreveport-Bossier City forum! :D

In the last few weeks we've had a few new members from NW Louisiana join the forum, and hopefully even more will come and join the discussion! Please post all topics relating to NW Louisiana in this forum.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please let me know!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the new Shreveport-Bossier City forum! :D

In the last few weeks we've had a few new members from NW Louisiana join the forum, and hopefully even more will come and join the discussion! Please post all topics relating to NW Louisiana in this forum.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please let me know!

Nate... you da man.

Now, let's get this place rolling.

The same goes for Baton Rouge, as I intend to participate actively in that subforum as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since we've been seeing action pick up in the SBC forum recently, I thought I'd bring this thread back up and give everyone a chance to introduce themselves. :D

I'm Nate, and I'm from New Orleans. I'm the moderator for the Louisana forum and its subforums, so if you have any questions, problems, or suggestions, please send them my way. :thumbsup:

Since we've been seeing action pick up in the SBC forum recently, I thought I'd bring this thread back up and give everyone a chance to introduce themselves. :D

I'm Nate, and I'm from New Orleans. I'm the moderator for the Louisana forum and its subforums, so if you have any questions, problems, or suggestions, please send them my way. :thumbsup:

Nate is a great guy, and he's been a HUGE help to me on UP. I have no doubt everyone else here will think the same thing once they get to know him. He's also going to be a great help while he's helping me lug my tripod around downtown New Orleans next time I'm down there. Just kidding... ;)

But seriously, I'm Brian and I'm from Shreveport-Bossier of course. I lived in east-central Bossier City for 23 years, and since then I've also lived in Texarkana for half a year, south Shreveport for a couple of years, and now Haughton.

Nate is a great guy, and he's been a HUGE help to me on UP. I have no doubt everyone else here will think the same thing once they get to know him. He's also going to be a great help while he's helping me lug my tripod around downtown New Orleans next time I'm down there. Just kidding... ;)

Well actually, I was planning on driving you to some "great photo op's" on MLK Boulevard in the 13th Ward, and then accidently leaving you there.

Just kidding of course, I would never let you ride in my truck! :lol:

Well actually, I was planning on driving you to some "great photo op's" on MLK Boulevard in the 13th Ward, and then accidently leaving you there.

Just kidding of course, I would never let you ride in my truck! :lol:

I'll be sure to be packing... the U.S. ARMY! :D

And it depends what kind of truck it is. If it's a Chevrolet, I don't want to ride in it!

But if it's a Nissan or Toyota, I'll be a bit disappointed. ;)

And it depends what kind of truck it is. If it's a Chevrolet, I don't want to ride in it!

But if it's a Nissan or Toyota, I'll be a bit disappointed. ;)

Oh, damn right it's a Chevy. :D

I can't stand Toyota trucks, the Nissan Titan is nice though.

Oh, damn right it's a Chevy. :D

I can't stand Toyota trucks, the Nissan Titan is nice though.

Chevy? :sick:

Nah, I'm joking. I've always loved the Silverado model... particularly the Z71!!

And as far as Toyota, I like the Tundra and not the Tacoma. I once liked the Tacoma, but as time goes on, not so much.

Now the Titan... heck yes! One of my friends has one and I love it! But the Frontier... I hate that one!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

My name is Richy, I am from Baton Rouge.

Nate and Brian are great anchors representing the corners of our great state! :thumbsup:

And thanks again Nate for getting the Louisiana forum started.

Richy is far too humble. He IS Mr. Baton Rouge. No one can represent the Red Stick like him, and he does a LOT for the Louisiana forums as well. He even gets over here and posts and seems to have an interest in our area, which is very respectable.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Am I still the newbie here?

My name is Stephen and I'm originally from the SBC area. I'm 25 yrs old and I've lived in Los Angeles for the last 7 yrs. I do the best I can for being 1,500+ miles away!

I would say you're more of a veteran now, being a member for over 9 months. ;)

It's nice to meet you Stephen, and we're very happy to have you on the forum, you've been an excellent asset to the SBC forum, and thank you very much for the work you've been putting in over here. :D

I would say you're more of a veteran now, being a member for over 9 months. ;)

It's nice to meet you Stephen, and we're very happy to have you on the forum, you've been an excellent asset to the SBC forum, and thank you very much for the work you've been putting in over here. :D

Thanks. Nice to meet you too Nate. :)

Am I still the newbie here?

My name is Stephen and I'm originally from the SBC area. I'm 25 yrs old and I've lived in Los Angeles for the last 7 yrs. I do the best I can for being 1,500+ miles away!

I'm with Nate on this... you're definitely not a newbie by any standard! I'm more of a newbie than you are because I've only been here since March 1.

Anyway, you're such a great asset to this board and I'm glad you can see beyond Los Angeles and look back home. Some people move away and never look back.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone here in the Shreveport-Bossier City forum a very safe and happy Thanksgiving! :)

Thanks for the wish, Nate. :) We had friends in from out of town and we all had a blast. I hate that it had to end so soon. Now I'm watching my Cowboys lay the smackdown on some Bucs!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm I joined a couple of weeks ago, but suppose I shall formally introduce myself.

My name is Mary, and I am currently located in Natchitoches, LA going to school at NSU. Should be moving to Shreveport next December if all goes as planned..

Have lived in Louisiana most of my years. Moved alot when I was a kid (Cypress, California, Houston, TX, and Mobile, Alabama. Settled in LA at 6 years old, and live in Jena, Louisiana until I moved for college.

So thats about it.

Hmmm I joined a couple of weeks ago, but suppose I shall formally introduce myself.

My name is Mary, and I am currently located in Natchitoches, LA going to school at NSU. Should be moving to Shreveport next December if all goes as planned..

Have lived in Louisiana most of my years. Moved alot when I was a kid (Cypress, California, Houston, TX, and Mobile, Alabama. Settled in LA at 6 years old, and live in Jena, Louisiana until I moved for college.

So thats about it.

Mary, with as much effort as I've put into your apartment search, you'd BETTER be moving to Shreveport!!! :)

Good to see you introduce yourself, and good to see you've made it back over this way!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Mary, with as much effort as I've put into your apartment search, you'd BETTER be moving to Shreveport!!! :)

Good to see you introduce yourself, and good to see you've made it back over this way!

Haha. I will be inevitably moving to Shreveport. I just can not say I will get into clinicals with 100% certainty for next Spring.. But my advisor said I was prety much a shoe in :P

So yeah. Thanks. You have been SUPER awesome in assisting me with apartments. More than kind. I don't think I would have helped someone if they bugged me as much as I bug you lol.

Edited by sockmonkey70

Haha. I will be inevitably moving to Shreveport. I just can not say I will get into clinicals with 100% certainty for next Spring.. But my advisor said I was prety much a shoe in :P

So yeah. Thanks. You have been SUPER awesome in assisting me with apartments. More than kind. I don't think I would have helped someone if they bugged me as much as I bug you lol.

Well, you ARE pushing your luck...

Just kidding, it's been a pleasure. And it will continue to be, as I'm sure your search is far from over. Expect a few more nice apartment complexes to open over the next year, though most will be in the $800-$1200/month range.

I hope you do make your clinicals, and if you decide to stay here afterward, I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the large SBC medical community.

Well, you ARE pushing your luck...

Just kidding, it's been a pleasure. And it will continue to be, as I'm sure your search is far from over. Expect a few more nice apartment complexes to open over the next year, though most will be in the $800-$1200/month range.

I hope you do make your clinicals, and if you decide to stay here afterward, I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the large SBC medical community.

Actually, I should be in SBC atleast 4 years. 2 for clinicals, and then I plan to sign on contract with one of the area hospitals for two years. It is rumored if you do this before you begin clinicals, you get in clincals no matter what..Plus it will be good experience in a familiar setting, and you usually have to have 2 yrs experience to get a better position. So hey, I don't see any negatives. They hospital may even help pay for school! Which I desperately need LOL.

Actually, I should be in SBC atleast 4 years. 2 for clinicals, and then I plan to sign on contract with one of the area hospitals for two years. It is rumored if you do this before you begin clinicals, you get in clincals no matter what..Plus it will be good experience in a familiar setting, and you usually have to have 2 yrs experience to get a better position. So hey, I don't see any negatives. They hospital may even help pay for school! Which I desperately need LOL.

That would be awesome for you. There's a lot of opportunity here, and I don't doubt you'll enjoy living here once you're settled in.

• 6 years later...

My name is Chris, 29 years old. Life long resident of the Shreveport and Keithville areas. Just sign up, I currently live right now in Shreveport, right off of Wallace Lake Rd. Found this forum while doing a Google search on South Park Mall. Glad I found this forum, I may not be able to offer alot but I see there is alot of really good people on this forum. I was reading all threw the forum yesterday before I sign up. I'm glad to be apart of this forum

Edited by Chris_J_Norris