local real estate market booming, not expected to slow

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great to hear!

The chart showing the increase in money spent per month in contruction since last year really shows how many more homes are being built, and how they are also getting larger and more expensive.

Hey Brian, would you happen to know if most of the homes being built are for people moving to the Shreveport-Bossier City area from other cities, or for people who already live in the area, but are moving to a different part of the area?

That's great to hear!

The chart showing the increase in money spent per month in contruction since last year really shows how many more homes are being built, and how they are also getting larger and more expensive.

Hey Brian, would you happen to know if most of the homes being built are for people moving to the Shreveport-Bossier City area from other cities, or for people who already live in the area, but are moving to a different part of the area?

In suburban Shreveport, most of it is white flight. In suburban Bossier, the vast majority of it is due to people moving into the area.

In suburban Shreveport, most of it is white flight. In suburban Bossier, the vast majority of it is due to people moving into the area.

Thanks.

It seems that Bossier City and its suburbs are growing much faster than I had thought. Before you joined the forum and got us all up to date with the growth up there, I had really thought that most of the larger growth was occuring in Shreveport, with less growth occuring in the smaller city in the area in Bossier.

Thanks.

It seems that Bossier City and its suburbs are growing much faster than I had thought. Before you joined the forum and got us all up to date with the growth up there, I had really thought that most of the larger growth was occuring in Shreveport, with less growth occuring in the smaller city in the area in Bossier.

No sir, quite the contrary! It's the same scene that's played out forever in just about every other city in America. The inner city becomes overrun with crime and the people become afraid and leave. Unfortunately people have been fleeing the city of Shreveport for at least the last decade... probably two decades. But when you look at the official Census numbers every 10 years, you won't see it. Why, you ask? It's simple... and by the way, this is a purely hypothetical situation, but based on the reality of what's occurring here... this suburan area has 10,000 people and that one over there has 15,000... that more than makes up for the 17,000 people the city lost this year, and even makes people think that new people are moving into the city. Smart thinking, Mr. Mayor... you'll surely be reelected! You're a GENIUS!! <_<

Smart thinking, e the contrary! It's the same scene that's played out forever in just about every other city in Mr. Mayor... you'll surely be reelected! You're a GENIUS!! <_<

I know this is off topic, but that part of your post popped a question into my head. I don't know much about the local government's in Shreveport and Bossier City, but what do you think about your city governments, officials, and leaders and the jobs they are doing?

I know this is off topic, but that part of your post popped a question into my head. I don't know much about the local government's in Shreveport and Bossier City, but what do you think about your city governments, officials, and leaders and the jobs they are doing?

:offtopic::offtopic: How DARE the forum moderator go off-topic? ;)

Here's what I think... all partisan politics aside, because I'm a Republican and Mayor Hightower of Shreveport is a Democrat... and a car salesman (no... seriously... he REALLY is!)

HOWEVER, as I said, partisan politics aside... I think, overall, he's done a great job. I have been at odds with the city council when they've tried to block certain things, like the convention center hotel. That was a hot topic for quite a while, and to be honest, it almost never happened. Almost never happened?!?!?! Yes, that's true... and I supported the mayor on this project. I also believe he's done an excellent job at marketing his city, although I don't agree with every decision he's made. The city council... now THERE'S a group that needs to be broken up. I can name (but I won't) 3 or 4 members who need to be ousted due to their total lack of concern for the city.

Bossier City just recently elected a new mayor, Lorenz "Lo" Walker. Lo is a Republican, so he's right up my alley politically... and so far, so good. But I knew he would be the man for the job, since he was the right-hand man to the former mayor, George Dement... a Democrat. George Dement was mayor of Bossier City for 16 years... 16 years!!! For 16 years, that man led his city to success in many areas. When Shreveport first contemplated building a convention center downtown, it was originally planned to have an arena attached. But months of talking and not acting, and even spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a stupid, useless feasibility study (something Shreveport is known for) and no arena was built. Finally, Bossier's mayor, George Dement, said that if Shreveport didn't have the coconuts to build the arena without a feasibility study, he would do it. AND HE DID!!! Ever since, CenturyTel Center, the arena in Bossier City, has been a huge success. In just the first 3 months of this year alone, the arena has hosted Gretchen Wilson, Kid Rock (again,) Nine Inch Nails, Nickelback, ArenaCross, WWE Smackdown (nationally televised - again,) and Women of Faith (again.) And this week it's hosting Sesame Street Live... for the umpteenth time... and in just a couple of weeks, Kenny Chesney will make his third trip here in as many years. It's an awesome facility, and has been single-handedly responsible for getting this area back into the concert market that we'd been missing out on since the local economy died out in the 80's.

All in all, I've been extremely pleased with the mayors of both cities.

Edited:

Now you can add The Wiggles to that arena lineup. :rolleyes: They're now scheduled to be there next month.

story about that

Archived