SoBro Info From Sunday's Tennessean

Ok I am not a fan of our locally daily the Tennessean but in this case they did a great job of laying out the information and even providing some visual content.

Here is a good birdseye illustration of upcoming developments in SoBro

sobro3ae.gif

Is it me or is this an updated image of Encore with the additional setbacks?

encore3gn.gif

SoBro Interactive Map - from Tennessean

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the finished product I believe. Looks like the setbacks are in place. To be quite honest here fellas, I like Encore's design with the setbacks. Gives the tower a bit of dimension and scale all the way down to the street. That is nice.

The new Encore design is much better looking in my opinion. Setbacks on both sides was just what the doctor ordered! I like the idea of a highrise, maybe 12 - 15 stories between the right field fence of the Sounds stadium and the river as depicted in the newspaper article. That would block out most of the view of that hideous scrap metal recycling plant.

The new Encore design is much better looking in my opinion. Setbacks on both sides was just what the doctor ordered! I like the idea of a highrise, maybe 12 - 15 stories between the right field fence of the Sounds stadium and the river as depicted in the newspaper article. That would block out most of the view of that hideous scrap metal recycling plant.

I thought I read in the articles covering the community meetings that the tallest building at the stadium would be 12 stories. A taller building would block the view of the scrap metal yard, but it also blocks the view of the river. I'm assuming that the scrap metal yard is not long for the area.

I don't think the orientation of the BP is set yet. Nor do I trust the Tennessean for getting their details correct. Streuver has all but confirmed that they are putting in a 12 story building at the southeast corner of Gateway and First. The diagram from the Tennessean shows a low, flat building at the corner. Plus, Direct Development's plan includes buildings from 4 to 8 stories tall at RMH.

Just to throw it out there, a friend of mine had contacted Struever about housing options by the Sounds stadium. The reply he recently received stated there would be from 500-700 residential units built. That differs slightly from what I read earlier, which was up to 500 units. The space there will be tight, especially when things like traffic and greenspace are to be considered. So maybe they will build higher than expected.

Just to throw it out there, a friend of mine had contacted Struever about housing options by the Sounds stadium. The reply he recently received stated there would be from 500-700 residential units built. That differs slightly from what I read earlier, which was up to 500 units. The space there will be tight, especially when things like traffic and greenspace are to be considered. So maybe they will build higher than expected.

Wow! Up to 700 units. There could mean several 12 story or so condos required. I hope that they are able to provide some good plaza / park space around the ballpark entrance and a good street level feel, as well as an adequate amount of retail. I wonder if the site is big enough to deliver all that.

One of my concerns remains that in providing tall condos with great river views, developers don't block out important river view lines for the rest of us. I heard that this issue was raised as a significant concern at the community meetings for the stadium.

Oh, BTW, look at me! 100 posts, and at such a young age. I need to get a life (or at least get back to my work). :rofl:

Wow! Up to 700 units. There could mean several 12 story or so condos required. I hope that they are able to provide some good plaza / park space around the ballpark entrance and a good street level feel, as well as an adequate amount of retail. I wonder if the site is big enough to deliver all that.

The program is:

500-700 units spread throughout 6 sites on Rolling Mill Hill and the ballpark site.

Bldgs from 3-20 floors on RMH and Thermal.

Lots of plaza and park space around the entrance. A significant amount of ground level retail.

The site is big enough to do it all.

There are however significant utility issues that must be addressed first.

I don't think the orientation of the BP is set yet. Nor do I trust the Tennessean for getting their details correct. Streuver has all but confirmed that they are putting in a 12 story building at the southeast corner of Gateway and First. The diagram from the Tennessean shows a low, flat building at the corner. Plus, Direct Development's plan includes buildings from 4 to 8 stories tall at RMH.

Home plate is still not set.

I would expect the building at Gateway (SEC) to be larger than 12 floors.

The Tennessean still struggles with graphics. It was a good shot though.

Archived