Old Fayetteville & Fayetteville future

CapeFearRiver10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E-Village Masterplan Downtown Fayetteville, NC

http://www.gordonjohnsonarchitecture.com/evillage.html

You guys r really going to like this.

I was trying to find the information about the (mid-town) project proposal near the Cape Fear Valley Hopsital. This project will really blow your minds when I find it.

Thats a new downtown he wants to make near the hospital destrict. That was 2001 dream now its a 2007 future plus he renamed it the Fayetteville midtown. Also I've been hearing things about make a business district in downtown fayetteville & the guy who wants to created was former UNC grad. student, who has connections with vice-president of IBM. You the guy who lives in Seatle.

This is all very interesting, I know that the owner of Village Green; Dr. Clark is planning an urban/lifestyle center at the intersections of Village Drive/Robeson Street and Robeson Street/Purdue Drive. It is going to be nice. I hope that this Midtown Project takes off because that is the same general area. Here is a link to the Fayetteville Observer on this particular project:

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=225547

I hope that this link works, I haven't tried linking anything yet.

Since we are adding some links for photos of Fayetteville - The link below shows some really good pics of Historic Downtown Fayetteville District. I wish there were other photos of Downtown, but this is the main focus of growth, in fact there is a new grocery store, based on Whole Foods, etc. that is set to open this month or May - it will feature mainly organic goods, etc. Here is the link:

http://www.consultwebs.com/ncphotos/fayetteville.htm

I will keep looking for some more links.

A good friend of mine took some good pictures of Downtown Fayetteville. Here is the link:

http://askerrol.org/photo/gallery/view_alb...bumName=album09

Most of the pics of the water fountains are at two new parks. The fountain in the middle of the round about is at the base of Festival Park. There is a new 3 story building going up there called Festival Plaza. They are also working on a 10,000 seat amphitheater in the park. Another fountain close by is in the new Cross Creek Linear Park.

Since we are adding some links for photos of Fayetteville - The link below shows some really good pics of Historic Downtown Fayetteville District. I wish there were other photos of Downtown, but this is the main focus of growth, in fact there is a new grocery store, based on Whole Foods, etc. that is set to open this month or May - it will feature mainly organic goods, etc. Here is the link:

http://www.consultwebs.com/ncphotos/fayetteville.htm

I will keep looking for some more links.

I have found the link for the Organic Grocery store and other retail info. It is supposed to open summer, not this month. Here is the link:

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=229911

• 3 weeks later...

I am happy for Fayetteville. I go down there every once in a while and am glad that they are progressing. Fayetteville needs to take advantage of the fact that it has a river close by. They already have events down there @ Cambellton Landing on the Cape Fear River. Just imagine if they built housing/multi-use buildings along the Cape Fear River!

HAHAHAHAHAHA its funny that you mention that because here an article about development along the Cape Fear River. I told you guys that Fayetteville is on the come up. :yahoo:

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=231819

Wow, that is great!! I'm surprised many people have not responded to this.......this is major news for Fayetteville. :D

I have heard rumors of possible mid-rise condos going up along the Cape Fear River, anywhere between 5-10 stories. This would be awesome. Some local leaders are also talking about building a fresh water aquarium along the Cape Fear - another great opportunity. The city is carefully studying all possibilities - another bonus, I am glad to see they are not trying to put just anything along the river. The river will help spur further downtown development.

• 2 weeks later...

What could Fayetteville do to lure a buisness based corp. to downtown. I know qualified workers is the key but there are many sectors out there that might be looking for relocation on the cheap. Plus downtown needs a tower or two to justify the city/metro numbers. Say no to huge housing developments and yes to infill and urban neighborhoods.

The one thing I have noticed since leaving is the overall attitiude of the cities residents. Most people feel because we have malls and crowded main arteries that it qualifies Fayetteville as city. Many rural shoppers a re led to believe that this is what city life is. Fayetteville has been led down the wrong path since its inception. Poor street planning, no viable entertainment options and lack of strong urban planning has materialized in too the city we have today. I for one love my city but after leaving the nest and seeing what other cities of similar size have done it makes me so angry that things have stayed the same for so long. I also am glad to see this trend reverse with the new devlelopments coming on-line but I hope there is plenty of steam behind them to sustain it. It takes time to change the thinking of a whole populace that does not really know what urban living is all about.

What could Fayetteville do to lure a buisness based corp. to downtown

To answer this ? http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=233635

Also the city is having a meeting June 2 at Botanical Gardens (Fayetteville Tech Campus) about the developments of Eastern Downtown its call "Advancing the Renaissance". Which they claim will be very dense by the year of 2025. Plus theres about 4 condos aproved & 5 more proposals for the Cape Fear River. I project of the 4 condos is call River Bluff.

I gues Former Mayor Marshall Pitts dreams are coming true. I remember a 2001 article about him talking of San Antonio Downtown feel with many of River pedestrian bridges. He imagine having about 140,000-200,000 Living along the River by 2045.

Plus I think its not just the city council fault that there is slow growth. But I feel its the STATE fault also the Cape Fear Region has been ignore for a very long time & I'm tired of it. The most of time you read the commerce news & it seems there just saying, "Charlotte get this, The Triangle gets that". Which makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with our state sometimes.

I think it is more of a lack of respect and no one really expects much from the region. It seems that most folks would rather badmouth the place then to ever give it a chance to develop itself in the ways other metro regions have. I do agree the 95 loop is a bit of a stretch. If the river gets developed then the city would be envy of the state. I just hope there will be an entertainment area included near the river. Sort of like Ybor city in Tampa and gaslamp district in San Diego. If not I will turn that scuttled barge sitting in the river in to a club......yeah right

• 2 weeks later...

Archived