Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

Changes at Charlotte TV Stations

15 posts in this topic

Now that WJZY and WWWB will have new networks to affiliate with, they are also doing something else, going solely by their cable channel number.

WJZY, Channel 46 over the air and on satellite and Channel 8 on most cable systems, will become Charlotte's CW affiliate and will be known as "CW 8," its sister station WWWB, Channel 55 over the air/satellite and Ch 12 on most cable systems (which is currently known as Charlotte's WB Cable 12) will be the new home to My Network TV and get call letters WMYT, "My TV 12".... now we all know WCNC-TV was the first in the market to do this, despite their broadcast on Channel 36, cable systems carriage of the channel 6 helped the station rebrand itself and become more "competitive" with the VHF stations WBTV (3) and WSOC (9), plus you will find no mention of them being on Channel 36 on their website.

With that said, it can only be hoped that confusion isn't caused with CW 8 getting confused with the VHF Station in High Point WGHP-Fox 8; and that My TV12 doesn't get confused with WXII 12 in Winston-Salem. WCNC did play it safe seeing as the closest Channel 6 station was in Wilmington and Knoxville, not in any border market.

It's important to also note that Fox Charlotte, (WCCB Channel 18), does not go by their channel number on air... and WAXN "Action 64" has the "Cable Channel 10" following it despite few cable companies carry it on that channel number.

More here:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ent...on/14257209.htm

I dont mind the "Fox Charlotte", "Fox Carolina, "Fox Philadelphia" names but i never liked the over-the-air stations referring by cable channel. What about the satillite viewers?

WLNY TV 55 in Riverhead, LI, NY is now referred as WLNY TV 55/10 as channel 10 is the cable channel for Cablevision viewers (NOTICE!!! bottom right hand screen). I dont mind that however i dont understand how a eastern Long Island station gets on my tv over where i cannot get one Philadelphia station on cable?

It's interesting that you mention Fox Philly, since they reverted back their name to Fox 29.

It's like putting perfume on a pig.

C'mon, it's not that good.

wmyt5bl.jpg

The new logo of Channel 55, will be seen on the air in fall.

I am trying to figure out what that logo reminds me of, any idea, I think its something I did an ad for which means I should know even more what the logo resembles. the other logo is all in greens and yellows, its like something to do with produce maybe an online grocery store or I dunno what it is, is bugging me.

I am trying to figure out what that logo reminds me of, any idea, I think its something I did an ad for which means I should know even more what the logo resembles. the other logo is all in greens and yellows, its like something to do with produce maybe an online grocery store or I dunno what it is, is bugging me.

I know!!! HT Checkout

ht-checkout.jpg

haha close, I was wrong about grocery store, I thought it was peapod, its not apparently, what the hell is it, its really bugging me.

whatever the logo reminds us of, its bad none the less, whats up with everything but the WMYT is not in perspective when all the rest are, and the WMYT has way too much visual tension with the 12, their graphic designer (probably a 8 year old child) should be shot in the head twice

whatever the logo reminds us of, its bad none the less, whats up with everything but the WMYT is not in perspective when all the rest are, and the WMYT has way too much visual tension with the 12, their graphic designer (probably a 8 year old child) should be shot in the head twice

It's based on the logo for My Network TV... which I guess most MNTV affiliates will have a similar logo to WMYT's.

foxnetwork2.jpg

well that looks much better, I like that logo a lil bit more, it actually looks normal, but the other one is just crap, its a far cry from this one. I know its virtually the same but with changed words, but its definately different, the uppercase WMYT is what throws it off so much. Also, the kerning and the letting of the 12, and the MY are all off, also it would look so much better if the 1 connected to the y like the t does to the y on the other logo