Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day

I wish the city had build squares -- like they have in european cities. Jackson Square in New Orleans is an example of one, though I have't been there so i can't say if I'd like that one. I also wish we'd utilize traffic circles like Europe does -- they keep traffic moving when other cars are not present (when compared to 4 way stop signs).

Shreveport does have some interesting areas outside of downtown -- I really like the Kings Hwy area near I49. lots of interesting structures there. St Marks has a nice presence as does the WK mansion across the street. The areas near Centenary and South Highlands/Pierremont are cool too

I like the last picture of the river walkway. I didn't know they developed the riverfront to that extent.

Wow, man, how long has it been since you've been here? Riverview Park has been done for 2-3 years now. I like the boat dock under the park. It's right AT the water, and gives for a nice, up close view of the river.

Yeah the Kings/I-49 area has a neat feel to it, especially as wide as Kings Hwy is right there. It's 8-10 lanes wide with turn lanes and all.

Jackson Square in N.O. is awesome. Visit there if you ever get a chance, you'll love it! VERY European!

Check out this sheet of glass below downtown Shreveport! :) That's the Red River at a 90-second exposure.

313618174_b3d285d78f_b.jpg

The photo I posted yesterday showing the two bridges from the boat dock below Riverview Park, well the spot that photographer was standing in to take his photo is that area right down by the water in this photo.

I took this shot earlier tonight of Louisiana Boardwalk and Texas Street bridge. This was just before the bridge neon was turned on.

313618189_2ced14733a_b.jpg

VERY COOL PICTURE!!! it's very crisp.. did you use manual focus because I have been lately and it's so much better.. I think the camera gets it wrong over half the time!

VERY COOL PICTURE!!! it's very crisp.. did you use manual focus because I have been lately and it's so much better.. I think the camera gets it wrong over half the time!

No, I use auto-focus. I've used manual focus and thought it was right, but when I got the photo onto my computer and saw the large version, it was a bit out of focus. I may start trying it with my daytime shots, though, because they usually come out too soft.

And thanks, Craig! :)

Thanks to Stephen, as well, for his compliments!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

You know, I never was a fan of the H3, but this is awesome! The H3 makes a better truck than it ever did an SUV. In the world of SUVs, the H3 was a baby (as the commercials for it indicated) but as a truck, this thing is a behemoth. It just screams "don't screw with me!" I really like it.

I think that they need to build the H3 on a larger chasis. Now they are building it on the same one as the Colorado and Canyon. I have one, and let me tell you, they are small and not very smooth. My wife rode in an H3 and said it was not any better than the Colorado. I would like to see them do something about that. As far as the H3T goes, that thing looks so awesome. I wouldn't mind driving one. This thing would be another notch in the belt for Shreveport.

I think that they need to build the H3 on a larger chasis. Now they are building it on the same one as the Colorado and Canyon. I have one, and let me tell you, they are small and not very smooth. My wife rode in an H3 and said it was not any better than the Colorado. I would like to see them do something about that. As far as the H3T goes, that thing looks so awesome. I wouldn't mind driving one. This thing would be another notch in the belt for Shreveport.

It reminds me of a TONKA truck... tough, rugged, a man's truck! :D

I'm afraid the truck wont make it.. it looks too much like some kind of concept vehicle! maybe I'm just old school?

Yes, Craig, you're just old school! :lol:

I don't know, man, it seems every man in the U.S. would want one. Okay, so it obviously doesn't appeal to all men, but I'm sure there's a market for it.

The Nissan Titan doesn't look this tough, but that;s a very tough and dependable truck. In my opinion, as much as I like this design, I think the overall dependability and power the Titan offers will keep it well above this one in this size category.

They build those in Shreveport, right?

Those Colorado/Canyons are great little trucks. I drive a GMC Canyon 4x4. They are more off road oriented than most, so it rides a little harder. The S10 was good, too, but most trucks didnt' have the harder riding Z71 package so most actually rode smoother (but handled worse) than the Colorado. The Coly. chassis (GMT355) is perfect for a smaller Hummer, though.

That Shreveport plant wins a lot of J.D. Power awards for quality with the S10 and now the Colorado. They make a reliable product that seems to be affordable...I think it is even better than Chevy's own Silverado as far as dependability. Congrats to everyone who works there. It's a good, clean industry for Shreveport, and I hope that GM expand the plant further with the rumored Hummer H4 to compete with the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

Edited by brresident

They build those in Shreveport, right?

Those Colorado/Canyons are great little trucks. I drive a GMC Canyon 4x4. They are more off road oriented than most, so it rides a little harder. The S10 was good, too, but most trucks didnt' have the harder riding Z71 package so most actually rode smoother (but handled worse) than the Colorado. The Coly. chassis (GMT355) is perfect for a smaller Hummer, though.

That Shreveport plant wins a lot of J.D. Power awards for quality with the S10 and now the Colorado. They make a reliable product that seems to be affordable...I think it is even better than Chevy's own Silverado as far as dependability. Congrats to everyone who works there. It's a good, clean industry for Shreveport, and I hope that GM expand the plant further with the rumored Hummer H4 to compete with the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

I haven't heard anything about the H4... hmmm! But will it give the Rubicon a run for its money? It'd better be one hell of a machine, because Jeep makes great vehicles that hold their value well.

I always liked the S10, but I prefer the Canyon and Colorado. I prefer them with larger tires than what I've seen on most of them, though... they just seem too small for that truck. Are these trucks equipped with anything other than the 5-cylinder engine? A 5-cylinder is a cop-out. They don't want to spend the money to put a 6 in it, so they put something barely above a cruddy 4. I hope they have options available beyond the 5.

I haven't heard anything about the H4... hmmm! But will it give the Rubicon a run for its money? It'd better be one hell of a machine, because Jeep makes great vehicles that hold their value well.

I always liked the S10, but I prefer the Canyon and Colorado. I prefer them with larger tires than what I've seen on most of them, though... they just seem too small for that truck. Are these trucks equipped with anything other than the 5-cylinder engine? A 5-cylinder is a cop-out. They don't want to spend the money to put a 6 in it, so they put something barely above a cruddy 4. I hope they have options available beyond the 5.

Right now, the only options for a Colorado, Canyon or H3 is the 4 or 5 cylinder (I don't think a 4 is an option in the H3, only the 5). I hate that they have a 5 cylinder rather than a V6. Although, when I bought mine, I believe that the V6 had between 190 and 200 hp but the 5 cylinder had 220 hp. The 5 cylinder also gets 20 mpg. The 5 cylinder may be a good option for the Colorado and Canyon, but for a H3 or H3T? It seems inferior. They definitely need a V6 in those. To me, the H3 or H3T having a 5 cylinder seems laughable.

Yea, of course you "found" it. :rolleyes:

C'mon Brian, we all know you're the guy on the far-right with the glasses!

I think you're mistaken. That's the love child of Shaggy and Velma from Scooby Doo. ;)

By the way, I'd like to be that dweeby-looking guy. These fine folks are members of the rock band, Jetpack UK.

:D

Edited by SBCmetroguy