Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day

Ah, yeah I recognize it as the 1D. Guess I just never saw the Mark II at the end of it. Wow woob, do you really think you're going to possibly get that camera? I'll never have to worry about that decision. :lol:

:lol:

Same here, man...same here!

But who knows, I could always become the CEO of a major oil company once I get out of Tulane! :lol:

:lol:

Same here, man...same here!

But who knows, I could always become the CEO of a major oil company once I get out of Tulane! :lol:

Well if you do, why do you cut us some freakin' slack! I hate buying gas. BTW, if you get that CEO job drop me a dollar or two when you receive your $400 million dollar bonus for making the company $40 billion in one year! Then too, I could afford that camera. :rofl:

Well if you do, why do you cut us some freakin' slack! I hate buying gas. BTW, if you get that CEO job drop me a dollar or two when you receive your $400 million dollar bonus for making the company $40 billion in one year! Then too, I could afford that camera. :rofl:

haha no kidden... I would love to take pictures for a living.. I do that more than anything these days... I can dream can't I? lol... I will have one! :rolleyes:

haha no kidden... I would love to take pictures for a living.. I do that more than anything these days... I can dream can't I? lol... I will have one! :rolleyes:

You can take photos for a living with your current camera, Craig. Just invest in some classes and more lenses. Not that you need classes, but they can help with the professional aspect of it all, especially portraits and lessons. I'm getting ready, in the next month or so, to invest about $200 into a more professional tripod. I've also found some really good prices on eBay from reputable sellers offering basic studio lighting setups for very low prices. I'm seriously considering that as well.

Also, a friend of mine is enrolled in the New York Institute of Photography and is having great success with that. After speaking to her, and some other peope I know online who are enrolled there, I've sent off for more information. I'm considering taking their 'Professional Photography' courses.

Another thing I've been thinking about is talking to two different professional photographers I know in Shreveport and seeing about helping them out on weekends for a while to learn the tricks of the trade. This is how MANY professionals have gotten their start, just by tagging along with the pros and helping on their shoots.

Check THIS out!!

This is a building in downtown Pampa, TX. Take a good look at it, carefully noting specific features of the facade, and then scroll down to the next photo...

256499834_692c1afa11_b.jpg

This is Artspace in downtown Shreveport. It's the same friggin building!!!

348666963_54191b53aa_b.jpg

These photos belong to Henry VIII on Flickr. She used to live in Shreveport, but now lives in Pampa, TX.

You can take photos for a living with your current camera, Craig. Just invest in some classes and more lenses. Not that you need classes, but they can help with the professional aspect of it all, especially portraits and lessons. I'm getting ready, in the next month or so, to invest about $200 into a more professional tripod. I've also found some really good prices on eBay from reputable sellers offering basic studio lighting setups for very low prices. I'm seriously considering that as well.

Also, a friend of mine is enrolled in the New York Institute of Photography and is having great success with that. After speaking to her, and some other peope I know online who are enrolled there, I've sent off for more information. I'm considering taking their 'Professional Photography' courses.

Another thing I've been thinking about is talking to two different professional photographers I know in Shreveport and seeing about helping them out on weekends for a while to learn the tricks of the trade. This is how MANY professionals have gotten their start, just by tagging along with the pros and helping on their shoots.

Yeah I'd certainly like to make photography more of a profession than a hobby. But I also know the best shot at it is doing portraits and weddings and such. Neither are really my thing. But making photography your sole profession isn't easy. I'll just be happy if I can manage to make a little supplimentary income with it. Heck if it would just help pay for some of the camera equipment and lenses it would be worth it to me.

Hey Brian, did you know that one of your Shreveport skyline shots is being used on Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shreveport,_Louisiana

Right below the photo, when you click the picture, is a "possible copyright infringement" notice.

When I click on the picture it says that Brian (it does actually mention his name) gives permission for his work and mentions his flickr account. Nice to see your pics on there, assuming you did give permission for them.

Hey guys, I did give the person permission to post those photos.

What's with the Possible Copyright Infrignement thing? I wonder how I get that resolved?

Why'd you make it so small? Was it because it was blurry or something?

Yes, because it was VERY blurry. ;)

It can be seen full-size on my Flickr page, just not here... for that reason.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Hey guys, I did give the person permission to post those photos.

What's with the Possible Copyright Infrignement thing? I wonder how I get that resolved?

Yes, because it was VERY blurry. ;)

It can be seen full-size on my Flickr page, just not here... for that reason.

Yeah I saw it there too. I've been trying to pay more attention to everyone's flickr pics as well. I even went through all of Nate's dozens of pics he just added the other day. Granted I didn't have time to try to comment on too many of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Great shots yall! Yall do SBC proud :thumbsup:

I really like those riverfront shots Brian with the bridges; and the compact skyline too.

Thanks woob, that's a really nice shot on a gray day. I like the view from street level. Where is that swamp pic from?? Lake Bisteneau sp.?? That's painting material. You need to post that on the "Swamp" thread in Southern forum.

Edited by richyb83

Great shots yall! Yall do SBC proud :thumbsup:

I really like those riverfront shots Brian with the bridges; and the compact skyline too.

Thanks woob, that's a really nice shot on a gray day. I like the view from street level. Where is that swamp pic from?? Lake Bistenueau sp.?? That's painting material. You need to post that on the "Swamp" thread in Southern forum.

Looks like Cross Lake to me, right off the SPAR landing. ;)

And yes, he DOES need to post that on the swamp thread. I think it would fit in quite nicely over there.

My contribution for today...................

New parking garage being constructed at the corner of E. Milam & Clyde Fant Parkway in downtown Shreveport, across from Barnwell Center. A couple blocks to the south yet another parking garage is proposed and will likely be constructed soon. These projects are long-overdue in downtown Shreveport, and will help to get rid of some of the surface parking lots that plague the city's core.

366573171_a40b83dd2c_b.jpg

My contribution for today...................

New parking garage being constructed at the corner of E. Milam & Clyde Fant Parkway in downtown Shreveport, across from Barnwell Center. A couple blocks to the south yet another parking garage is proposed and will likely be constructed soon. These projects are long-overdue in downtown Shreveport, and will help to get rid of some of the surface parking lots that plague the city's core.

366573171_a40b83dd2c_b.jpg

Very nice photos, Woob! I always enjoy them.

Thanks for postings this photo too, Brian. I know I should be asking this question in the "developments" thread, but how many levels for the parking garage on the corner of Milam (My - lum ;) ) & Clyde Fant Pkwy? Also, what's the scoop on the 2nd parking garage? I haven't heard about that one...

Very nice photos, Woob! I always enjoy them.

Thanks for postings this photo too, Brian. I know I should be asking this question in the "developments" thread, but how many levels for the parking garage on the corner of Milam (My - lum ;) ) & Clyde Fant Pkwy? Also, what's the scoop on the 2nd parking garage? I haven't heard about that one...

I only recall hearing about both of them at the same time last year, so I'm not sure when the other one should start. It's supposed to be built on the parking lot between Sci-Port and the new Visitors Center. I believe both garages are only supposed to be 2 or 3 floors.

Haha and yeah, it's My-lum, not Muh-lom. ;)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I only recall hearing about both of them at the same time last year, so I'm not sure when the other one should start. It's supposed to be built on the parking lot between Sci-Port and the new Visitors Center. I believe both garages are only supposed to be 2 or 3 floors.

Haha and yeah, it's My-lum, not Muh-lom. ;)

Well, anything is better than a surface lot!

EDIT: I just checked out those lots on Google Earth. Is the one u/c now supposed to span the entire lot all the way back to Commerce Street? That would be a huge parking structure!

Edited by fridayinla

Well, anything is better than a surface lot!

EDIT: I just checked out those lots on Google Earth. Is the one u/c now supposed to span the entire lot all the way back to Commerce Street? That would be a huge parking structure!

It looks that way, yes. It appears that it will be as deep as the Eldorado garage, but not nearly as tall. It will also be very narrow. It won't have as many spaces as you think, especially when you consider all the room that the support columns and ramps will take up. I think it's supposed to only have a few hundred spaces IF I recall correctly.